PDA

View Full Version : feeling a bit down fed up and bored

newandlearning
09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
hi all.. sorry .. I've just realised I've gone on a bit.. I am beginning to feel a lil run into the ground.. I spent all Sunday reorganising my house so I could start keeping less kiddie stuff in the house and more in our storage area..

I had one baby who was awful and cried and now is brill and smiles .. so that is all good.

I've another baby who was good and now at 14mths gives me lots of blank looks.. she won't let me change her nappy.. she won't bend or open her legs.. so I have to try to encourage her to relax amidst her screaming and I begin to feel stressed just knowing that she needs changing.. tomorrow I'll try giving her a toy to play with or something.. but I feel that this 14mth old is almost having a battle of the wills with me... and has gone from smiling at me to not smiling at all.. it makes me feel a lil sad :(

On top of that my own nearly 4 year old is exhausting me.. he's still running off so I have to then put him on a wrist strap and let him scream on the school run.. he demands snacks which I'm now not giving into.. he has bbroken some electric things around the house recently (potentially he's no idea he can or is breaking things) and all in all .. I'm exhausted..

I feel like handing my kids over to their dad and saying 'here you have them' .. puttng my own kids in childcare and getting a different job...

I do meet up with other childminder friends but when am home I feel sad at the mo. and wish I had another adult around .. but I've not enough kids to get an assistant..

does anyone else feel like this on occasion.. can anyone give me some advice I don't feel like I'm being a good mum or childminder.. I begin to not know who I am anymore :idea: :(

sarah707
09-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Childminding is a very tough job and when you get ground down with it you really need to stand back and look at the positives.

Your son is learning to share his time with you - that's huge and will pay dividends in the future.

You are getting to know new children and yes, they might be tough just now to deal with, but you will get there!

Ask parents what they do about nappy changing they might have a different way of doing things that you could adopt.

Hugs xx

miffy
09-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Sounds like you need a bit of "me" time even if it's only an hour to yourself at home with no interruptions.

Miffy xx