PDA

View Full Version : Quick Sickness Advice please

claire'scherubs
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
At the moment I have a little 11 month in the cot going back to sleep after an enormous 3 1/2 hour sleep this morning. He woke up, had lunch and has grizzled to go back to bed within the 1/2 hour

Normally, he sleeps for an hour AM and PM and thats if you are lucky.

Now parent and I are pretty sure it his teeth, poor soul causing him all the grizzling, but he just seems pretty miserable today as he did yesterday PM.

Should I ring mum to collect or let him keep sleeping, no temp, just lethargic

SammyM
09-02-2011, 01:50 PM
If it were me I would ring mom just to let her know, tell him he's fine etc and that he's not got a temp and you are happy to still have him and monitor him, then its her decision what she does.

butterfly
09-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I would just let him sleep if he not acually showing signs of illness. Occassionally I have mindees who are just shattered and sleep for most of the day! You could just text mum to tell her what's happening so that if she feels she should get him she could.

georgie456
09-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Agreed with what has already been said. I would let him sleep it off and just keep an extra eye on him for a temp or anything.
Poor little thing - hope he feels better soon x

claire'scherubs
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Hmm maybe he is not sleeping now, just screaming the place down, text mum in a bit I think

georgie456
09-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Aw I would text mum then - you obviously know him well and if he is really out of sorts then I would let mum know x

wendywu
09-02-2011, 04:37 PM
I would let mum know, but i would not send him home for being under the weather. :panic:

Mouse
09-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Has he had any vaccinations lately? Before Christmas one of my mindees (12mths old at the time) slept for virtually a whole day with me, then went almost straight to bed when he got home & slept for the whole night. He'd had one of his jabs a couple of days before, so I texted mum and told her that he was very sleepy, but OK apart from that. She said fine, enjoy the peace & quiet!
The next day he was fine & back to normal.