PDA

View Full Version : holiday care - help!

levason
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi girls

Im still new to this so could do with your expertise please! I've had someone enquire about school holiday care for their 9 yr old son. Do any of you offer this and if so what kind of things do i need to think about.

Will it afect me taking on an after schooler during term time if that term time child also needed holiday care. Do you make parents pay some kind of retainer? and are the normal ncma contracts okay for this? Hope this makes sense. xx

RachelE
09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I havent charged a retainer in the past for these circumstances.

As he's 9, he wont be counted in your numbers anyway.

You need to look at how many other children you have and if you dont have many others, it'll be worth taking on a holiday time only contract.

You need to make them aware of your holidays as soon as you decide on them, to be fair.

Rachel x

caz3007
09-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I had a holiday care only contract a few years ago and just charged for the holidays. Mum and I both sorted our holidays in January and she often took hers at the same time as mine, especially the summer ones. I only charged for his attendance as long as it was all given to me at the beginning of the year. So if she took a week off during the summer, I didnt charge her for the time

levason
09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks girls, so is it okay to just note on the ncma contracts that it's for holiday care only and to maybe state the dates?xx

Minstrel
09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks girls, so is it okay to just note on the ncma contracts that it's for holiday care only and to maybe state the dates?xx

I put Holiday dates as per (Such and Such Borough/County) and attach a copy of the published term/holiday dates.

bexcee
09-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I print out an academic A4 calendar and highlight all the school holidays when the child will be attending so there is no confusion, you also need to think about teacher training days etc if child care is needed for them.

levason
10-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks girls, I just have a couple more questions:
* Do you ask for some kind of deposit to secure their place for each set of holidays, so for example after easter holidays would you ask for a deposit to secure the place for summer hols?
*does the same 4 weeks notice apply for them to terminate contract
*If during a school holiday whilst I was caring for them they went on holiday with their family or went to a friends house instead could i still charge my half fee rate?

Sorry if im being a bit thick just want to clarify all the details in my head before the family visit tomorrow.xx