PDA

View Full Version : Shanticot , anyone got one ?

mufftie
09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Saw the add in childcare mag and really like the look of them , I was also very surprised at price as they cost no more than a decent buggy so price wise they're ok
My main concern would be that how would you put 2 crying babies down together as surely they woul disturb each other

Just after some reviews really

mamasheshe
09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
haven't got one or seen them before, i've just goggled it:idea: and couldn't help thinking the bottom bit looks slightly like a cage:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mamasheshe
09-02-2011, 12:05 PM
actually not so much when the bottoms a bed option :blush:

phoebe-alice
09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh wow I have never seen anything quite like that, thanks for sharing.
Hopefully someone does own one so they can tell me if they are a good thing to have, it looks as if it would save space anyway rather than having two cots or toddler beds. :idea:

Alibali
09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
http://www.shanticot.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/1-shanti-cot-main-page

Still take up a lot of room when you don't have any sleepers though, good for family use I think but too big for me for work.

miss mopple
09-02-2011, 02:45 PM
They are lovely but a stupid amount of money when you compare to the cost of 2 travel cots. Mine would disturb eachother so I like to put their cots up in seperate rooms so they can nap as long as they need :thumbsup:

mufftie
09-02-2011, 05:14 PM
http://www.shanticot.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/1-shanti-cot-main-page

Still take up a lot of room when you don't have any sleepers though, good for family use I think but too big for me for work.

Fortunately I have a spare room down stairs so they wouldn't be in the way

Twinkles
09-02-2011, 05:21 PM
They are lovely but a stupid amount of money when you compare to the cost of 2 travel cots. Mine would disturb eachother so I like to put their cots up in seperate rooms so they can nap as long as they need :thumbsup:

Same here. They look good in theory but why don't you try putting two travel cots in the same room and see if the babies disturb each other ?

They may work for you.

mufftie
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Same here. They look good in theory but why don't you try putting two travel cots in the same room and see if the babies disturb each other ?

They may work for you.

Could try that as I'm wouldn't be looking to by one until the next tax year anyway so gives me plenty of time to think

Alibali
09-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Fortunately I have a spare room down stairs so they wouldn't be in the way

You're very lucky:D I'd love a spare room downstairs

mufftie
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I know I am very lucky as downstairs I have my lounge a playroom a dining kitchen a study and a downstairs bedroom o and a conservatory , but guess who has to clean it ! Lol as the other 4 adults and 3 kids that live here don't help