PDA

View Full Version : CRB check for my Mum

donnahay0
19-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Was just wondering - I have asked my Mum to come and stay with me for a while as my Dad passed away in January and she doesn't live close enough for me to drop by often. I absolutely hate the idea that I have to get my own mother CRB'd but understand the rules.

What I want to know is do I have to organise and pay for this myself or do Ofsted arrange for it to be done & if I have to pay does anybody know approximately how much it costs?

I would like her to come and stay really soon as she is lonly but I hadn't realy thought about a CRB check until now and it's going to take ages. I don't want to say she can't come because she hasn't had the check.

Mollymop
19-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad.
I am not sure about this, i think you have to go through ofsted and I think you have to pay for it yourslef. I don't think it is too much money, though.
Sorry but i don't know for sure X

Mollymop
19-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I found this on the crb website -

Fees
The following fees apply from 6 April 2006:

Standard Disclosure- £31.00
Enhanced Disclosure - £36.00

donnahay0
19-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh thanks for that Sandra, that's not too expensive - my Mum is worth it.

Mollymop
19-04-2008, 06:41 PM
I was thinking of getting my mum done as well, so she could be my emergency contact. Not too sure how to go about it either X

louise2778
19-04-2008, 07:01 PM
My mum comes over once a week for the day. When I start looking after children will she be ok to do this if she signs a visitors book or does she need a CRB check as she is a regular? :blush:

Some of my questions seem so silly when I read them back but your the best people to ask and hopefully you wont laugh at me....:eek:

donnahay0
19-04-2008, 07:08 PM
I think that Ofsted have said regular visitors should have crb check - however, I am not certain as to whether this applies to family or not. I don't think our own parents should have to be checked but then out husbands and children (over 16) have to be so I would imagine they do.

Hopefully somebody will shed some light on this one for us.

donnahay0
19-04-2008, 07:10 PM
By the way, I don't think your question was silly at all - there is so much going on and so many changes, how can we possibly know it all. Anyway wouldn't it be boring if we did!

louise2778
19-04-2008, 07:13 PM
By the way, I don't think your question was silly at all - there is so much going on and so many changes, how can we possibly know it all. Anyway wouldn't it be boring if we did!

Ta Donna x x :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-04-2008, 09:42 PM
No question is silly!

The answer is, it depends on the frequency of the visitor as far as CRBs for visitors... I would take advice on that one depending on your individual circumstances... 08456 404040...

and if someone is living in your house then Ofsted will pay for a CRB for them to have a CRB... you will need to ring them for the forms. :D

Shirlwith3
20-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi
I am sorry about your dad.

I got my mum crb done last yr, all I did was phone Ofsted and they sent all the forms to me then sent the crb form to my mum to fill out. It didn't take long for her crb to come through.
Shirl