PDA

View Full Version : activity planning for A Squash and a squeeze?

butterfly
09-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm after some good ideas!

My mindee has been playing with playdough this morning and was really interested with squashing and squeezing and kept saying 'i squash' 'i squeeze'

so i'm writing some planning for him from that observation and am looking to cover all the learning areas.

so far i've got

CLL - read 'a squash and a squeeze' by julia donaldson and encourage him to join in with the repeated refrains

KUW - during water play or at bathtime offer him sponges to squash and squeeze

but then i got stuck!!! any ideas?

mama2three
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
oranges? would be good to make some fruit juice to drink.

Kes
09-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Lots of messy activities, Jelly, cooked pasta, sand etc.

Weather dependant I saw an activity on mister maker where he got paint and sponges, soaked the sponges in paint put them on paper and splatted them with hand or a bat.

Glitter glue pens, squeeze the glue out.

Have you got any board games where you wack things with hammers like the elc alien game.

christine e
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Fill some latex gloves with different coloured water and knot the top and let em squeeze, could also freeze some and let em sqeeze until they melt!

Cx

samb
09-02-2011, 11:50 AM
see how many kids you can fit into a small space such as playhouse and repeat using smallworld toys?! For PSRN

butterfly
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
thanks for the ideas everyone! does anyone have any other suggestions for psrn? or anything the parents could do at home?

green puppy
09-02-2011, 01:45 PM
thanks for the ideas everyone! does anyone have any other suggestions for psrn? or anything the parents could do at home?

You could see how many beanbags you can squash into different sized containers. Or squeeze water from different sized sponges into measuring jugs to compare the differences.

gazanne
09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
wow you all have such wonderful ideas, I dont think I will ever get to that stage.:clapping:

Gherkin
09-02-2011, 06:34 PM
gloop! you can scoop it squash it and roll it.

I LOVE GLOOP :clapping:

Noomie
09-02-2011, 07:47 PM
You can squeeze pegs.

CD
http://www.busybeekidscrafts.com/Clothes-Pin-Alligator.html

PSRN
Use a 'washing line' to put things in order (sequence numbers if old enough or just an every day event) , put all the yellow things on, then blue, etc...