PDA

View Full Version : GMTV

LisaMcNally09
09-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I've had an email read out on GMTV this morning :)

about the rising cost of childcare in nurseries. I said that childminders offer just as good if not better environments for children so there is alternatives to nurseries :)

My dd and ds are so excited haha!!

LisaMcNally09
09-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Just realised it's daybreak not gmtv!! Oops

Newbie1!
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Wooohooo well done you!!! Get in there for all us CM's!!! xxx :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Well done you! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

sweets
09-02-2011, 07:54 AM
they are talking about it on bbc at the mo, what annoys me is that they are only mentioned the rising cost of nurseries, nothing about childminders, its like nurseries are the only childcare option!

nursery nurses earn a pittance, what about giving them decent wages, they dont think about that! just the rising cost to the poor parents!

LisaMcNally09
09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
they are talking about it on bbc at the mo, what annoys me is that they are only mentioned the rising cost of nurseries, nothing about childminders, its like nurseries are the only childcare option!

nursery nurses earn a pittance, what about giving them decent wages, they dont think about that! just the rising cost to the poor parents!

That was my point too!! They missed out the bit when I said I hadn't raised my fees. And that it was meaning I earnt less as costs for me have risen!!

angeldelight
09-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Wahoooooo

Well done Lisa

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

gazanne
09-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Good for you. Watching it now.

Joda
09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Yes, heard that! Wondered if it was a CM from here. Well done!

Minstrel
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
I heard it too, well done!

Penny1959
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Well Done - and even though they did not read out all of your email - you have made a very valid point.

Penny :)

Stormy
09-02-2011, 09:08 AM
http://www.itv.com/daybreak/lifestyle/familiesandparenting/parentinghelp/risingcostofchildcare/

Its on their website if you missed it :)

Siana
09-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Fab, well done!!

I think Katie Hopkins made some really good points.

It really gets my goat when people complain about childcare costs. Surely it's the price you pay to have a career and kids? We all have to make sacrifices to have children, whether that be our career, or a third of our wage having someone else care for them.

phoebe-alice
09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Well done, I'm glad the childminders got a mention in this as most of the interviews were focused totally on nurseries.
Now lets hope parents just pay attention hehe. :laughing:
xx

MaryMary
09-02-2011, 11:18 AM
The average costs they mentioned for England works out as less than £4 an hour. I know a lot of nurseries and some minders charge a lot more than this, so, as this is an average, some people are paying a lot less than this!
Childcare is expensive, but it has to be planned for. It annoys me when people want something for nothing, and expect the Govt to pay for their brood! As Katy Hopkins said, it is their choice (well, in most cases anyway :blush: ) I am sure the parents in the big houses pay a lot more than £4 per hour for their cleaner/gardener!! :eek:
In my experience, it is the people in the middle that suffer more. A single mum will probably get tax credits, so gets help. It's the couples on 2 moderate wages that really feel the pinch, as they don't get help. They are the ones that have to consider the option of not working - which doesn't help us!!
And what is this all about a shortage in childcare, when so many of us have been saying how quiet it is?? :rolleyes: