PDA

View Full Version : Kicking myself!

Jinx
19-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Had an enquiry this morning for minding a 14mth old 3 days a week. Said I could help, arranged a visit on Friday, got over excited and didn't ask for the ladies name or number!!!!!!!!! What a wally!:o :o

Just hope she turns up. Already mind a 14mth old full time so it could be hard work but I love having the little ones about!:D

I struggle to stay calm on the phone, I'm sure I don't come across as very professional! Just that these calls always catch me off guard!:laughing:
Most, in fact, nearly all the calls in my house are for one of my teenage daughters! :laughing:
Anyway, roll on Friday.
Fingers x
Jinx x

Pipsqueak
19-04-2008, 03:50 PM
I hope it pans out Jinx and that she turns up (I am sure she will!)

I know what you mean about phone calls catching you on the hop, I always think that I don't come across as professional too!:)

angeldelight
19-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I have done that many times myself - dont worry - if she is going to turn up she will regardless of if you have her number or not

Angel xx

ruby
19-04-2008, 03:57 PM
hope everything works out and she shows up on firday

cathy

donnahay0
19-04-2008, 03:58 PM
When I first started minding I too hated the phone enquiries and would forget to find out certain things whilst talking. What I did was to print out a basic form which covered all the important questions including names, telephon numbers, age o child(ren), days and times required.

I haven't used this for ages now as I soon got used to it but it did help at the time.

I hope she turns up and good luck.

fionamal
19-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I hope she comes and it all goes well for you.

Jinx
19-04-2008, 04:10 PM
When I first started minding I too hated the phone enquiries and would forget to find out certain things whilst talking. What I did was to print out a basic form which covered all the important questions including names, telephon numbers, age o child(ren), days and times required.

Hey, thats a fantastic idea. I'm going to add that to my list of things to do tomorrow. Thanks for that. :thumbsup:
Jinx