PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable "good" childminder left children alone in the library

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I was at the library in the children's area, when I saw her coming with 2 mindees and her own child. I than moved from where I was to observe discretely (yes nearly hidden myself) anyway, she asked 3,5 year old mindee and 2,3 year old child to sit on the floor and read a book. She than gone out of the children's area and satyed out for about 10 minutes until one parent asked the minder's child to stop throwing all the books on the floor and aske the mindee where was their mummy. Mindee said that she was outside somewhere. This woman talked to a Librarian (there were tw0 of them tottaly oblivious of what was going on) and said that the children were left unattended. The librarian than went to the adult's area and came back with the childminder and said that the children shoul be supervised at all times.
She stayed with the children for 2 minutes than the mindee went to the children's computer. She put her own child on the double buggy and left the children's area again whitout even letting the mindee know. When mindee left the computer he was looking for her and as could not find her on kid's area went on adult's area than came back (maybe she told him to come back?) and stayed in the children's area all by himself until she came and called.

Now, she was granted good on her first inspection, I was shocked when that happened because I saw other things happening and overall she does not have a good practice at all. But what Ofsted see is a snapshop of 3 hours every 3 years and it is obvious that awful childminders will not leave children unattended, shout at them and even call them names when the Ofsted Lady is there...and I have seen this all happening buy registered childminders.

I know personally two other women who works unregistered, now I am not defeding them and I think they should register asap but through my observations, they are so much better than this one who was granted GOOD and it is very unfair.

Deb
08-02-2011, 05:32 PM
you can call ofsted 0300 123 1231 and make a useful complaint there, this is just bitching otherwise.

aly
08-02-2011, 05:33 PM
What does being 'good' childminder have to do with it?..She left themalone

what did you do about it?..did you have a word with her?,

Bridey
08-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Why on earth were you hiding and observing her?

pillows
08-02-2011, 05:42 PM
i am not defending this cm but when i first started reading your thread i was wondering why you quickly hid yourself away to observe her but later in your thread i see you have have been witness to other incidents so is this what made you want to observe ???? . so like the others say best advice would be to call OFSTED
good luck :clapping:

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 05:43 PM
You can call me stalker.
But sometimes I do observe some childminders and their practice, and specially this one.
It is not that I went out to follow her and observe, we just happened to be at the same place on the same time and I did not want to get involved nor to be seen with her or be associated with her. And I would not leave there just because she arrived after me.
And if the children saw me they would also come and speak to me and I did not want to get involved or be left in charge of them or have anything to do with whatever she was doing and I have my reasons.

Katiekoo
08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I think a call to Ofsted would be a good idea, I agree with Deb and Aly. Running a Childminding business without registration puts children at risk, registration ensures childminders keep children safe, and if they don't they face consequences (eg; YOU can call Ofsted to complain and they will investigate and take action accordingly). If she weren't registered then I imagine there would be very little you could do.
Also - just curious do you often spy on childminders? :rolleyes:

Carol M
08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Well you MUST phone OFSTED and make a formal complaint so as they can investigate.
If the investigation comes to nothing then at least this childminder will have to consider her practice and she will realise the error of her ways when she put the children at risk.
Childminders like her give us a bad name.
Carol

Bridey
08-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I think if you have a complaint to make then it should be done through the correct channels ie to Ofsted.

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 05:57 PM
i dont often spy them, but there are a lot of them where I live, some of them I know and some of them I dont personally know but know they are registered. So I observe their practice even if I am having a conversation with them on the school run, I dont need to hide and spy. Today I just did it, because I was looking for books and I did not want to be disturbed so I just happened to see what was going on.

charlie potato
08-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I find this a very strange posting. Any responsible person would report something like this and would not have delayed in doing so. But then to come on here and post without having reported it??:rolleyes:

claire'scherubs
08-02-2011, 05:59 PM
you can call ofsted 0300 123 1231 and make a useful complaint there, this is just bitching otherwise.

Agree totally with this

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I am not going to ring ofsted on my mobile phone and I am still at the library. That is why I am ranting here and have not reported yet.

Ripeberry
08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
She is not your ex childminder or anything? Just wonder why you are picking on her in particular? I wouldn't mind if parents observed me. Sometimes total strangers say hello to me and I don't have a clue who they are, but they turn out to be a relative for a mindee and even when I'm not minding, I feel that I'm being observed.......stalkers :eek: :eek:

rickysmiths
08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I am not going to ring ofsted on my mobile phone and I am still at the library. That is why I am ranting here and have not reported yet.

You can email them you know. enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

I find this thread very odd I must say.

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Well
I have seen things happening that I did not report and I would not trust my fish with her tbh.
She is not my ex childminder or anything, and we used to get along at playgrounds and etc, we know the same people, but i want to keep my distance now, as I will be working soon, I do not want to be associated with her.

xdirtydancerx
08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
She is not your ex childminder or anything? Just wonder why you are picking on her in particular? I wouldn't mind if parents observed me. Sometimes total strangers say hello to me and I don't have a clue who they are, but they turn out to be a relative for a mindee and even when I'm not minding, I feel that I'm being observed.......stalkers :eek: :eek:

I once had a lady keep asking me how I was and how the minding was going. I just kept saying "Great thanks" and leaving it at that. Turned out it was mindees gran :rolleyes:

LisaMcNally09
08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I think this post is very fishy???

Why would you spy on a CM in a library......then come on here whilst still in library to post about it without even saying anything to the CM or even ringing ofsted??

CM bashing for no reason??? Possibly

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Childminders be aware you are being observed all the time everywhere you go.
not by me though:laughing:

georgie456
08-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Well
I have seen things happening that I did not report and I would not trust my fish with her tbh.
She is not my ex childminder or anything, and we used to get along at playgrounds and etc, we know the same people, but i want to keep my distance now, as I will be working soon, I do not want to be associated with her.

Honestly? Why have you not reported concerns in the past? If you seriously do not think this person is good enough to hold a registration and care for children then surely you have a duty to report that?

Ripeberry
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
For example, just last week I was in town and stopped in front of a cafe to give mindee a nose wipe (got a cold poor thing) and there was frantic banging on the window.
Looked up and these two old biddies that I'd never seen in my life we waving at me. I just waved back, trying to work out who they were?

Then later in the week, another parent told me "Oh, my mum saw you in town whilst she was having coffee with her friend" I asked "How did she know me?" and she said "Well, she's seen your photo on the website" :rolleyes:

But then living in a small village I'm surrounded by stalkers all the time :D

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Well, I find libraries really relaxing, my husband is having quality time with my daughter and I should be reading the papers, but due to what happened, I decided to chat. Can't see nothing wrong with it.
Anyway
Nobody here dont observe other childminders or even parents?
have you ever made a complaint to Ofsted about other childminder?
Off to cook dinner now, time on computer is up.
Will get back soon.

luiza.t
08-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I just don't like to report people but yes maybe I should.

Carol M
08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
If I had observed what you have seen I would not hesitate to report it after I had spoken to her at the library!
Carol xx

LisaMcNally09
08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
This post reminds me of something that would be on MN or NM's. Not something i am used to reading on here. In most of our opinions (correct me someone if im wrong:blush: ) if we have problems with another CMs care we either have a word or report it, or even come on here for advice.

I for one love this forum because it isnt a place that is associated with pointless b**ching. This is what this post is as OP obviously doesnt want to report it or isnt asking for advice:mad:

rickysmiths
08-02-2011, 06:38 PM
You can call me stalker.
But sometimes I do observe some childminders and their practice, and specially this one.
It is not that I went out to follow her and observe, we just happened to be at the same place on the same time and I did not want to get involved nor to be seen with her or be associated with her. And I would not leave there just because she arrived after me.
And if the children saw me they would also come and speak to me and I did not want to get involved or be left in charge of them or have anything to do with whatever she was doing and I have my reasons.

If you don't want to be envolved why are you posting? She could be a member of this forum.

Katiekoo
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Sounds bitter, always v.odd posts.

Mookins
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
possibly a touch of green eyes montser showing their head:rolleyes:
LuizaT have you got permission from your landlord yet? its just yousay you start work soon

claire'scherubs
08-02-2011, 06:42 PM

Why would you spy on a CM in a library......then come on here whilst still in library to post about it without even saying anything to the CM or even ringing ofsted??

I don't like it either, something not right here:idea:

Playmate
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
seems a funny time of day for a cm to be in the library most of us are at home preparing for pick ups or tea at that time of day :D

aly
08-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Well, I find libraries really relaxing, my husband is having quality time with my daughter and I should be reading the papers, but due to what happened, I decided to chat. Can't see nothing wrong with it.
Anyway
Nobody here dont observe other childminders or even parents?
have you ever made a complaint to Ofsted about other childminder?
Off to cook dinner now, time on computer is up.
Will get back soon.
u said you were still at library at 6?

rickysmiths
08-02-2011, 06:52 PM
seems a funny time of day for a cm to be in the library most of us are at home preparing for pick ups or tea at that time of day :D

I was thinking that. The poster said 20mins ago she was off home because her time had run out and she is still on line!

I shall be watching out in the lib and behind every bush now :laughing: :laughing:

nic t
08-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Are you serious or just trolling?

If you are serious then why are you spying on Childminders? Bizarre behaviour!

If you have seen what you say then posting on here isn't going to solve the situation and ensure that the children in this Childminders care are safe. I would urge you or anybody else that saw a childminder behaving this way to inform Ofsted.

candy cat
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I think every childminder is different and yes I would never leave my mindees alone in a library,but I go to groups and see other cm's do things differently to me and they may think that about me.....(whether they are good,satisfactory even outstanding) ie.....I go to toddlers and sit and observe the children,if they need me I am there,but I think this is a time for them to play and interact without adult intervention......others may see me sitting down and judge me as being lazy or not bothering etc some cm's follow their children around doing everything with them.....I guess what I am saying is we shouldn't judge and I certainly wouldn't like being spied on :blush: If however you have serious concerns then report her,if not just forget it.

zillervalley
08-02-2011, 07:16 PM

i agree with this

snufflepuff
08-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Do you mind me asking how you know that this childminder was graded as 'good'?

oakie dokie
08-02-2011, 07:51 PM
very strange indeed!.....there were obviously other witnesses to the cm's so called bad practice (librarian). maybe you could perhaps both make a complaint to OFSTED. But then again the librarian would also be a witness for the CM if there was no bad practice at all.

nannymcflea
08-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Well......

Concerned, report her, no-one here would have any issues with keeping childminding reputations at a high standard. :thumbsup:

As for observing, that is fine also but remember 99% of childminders do a fab job and need no input.

BUT if I saw someone watching me I would say something. I would have been worried about paedophiles and would not let a strange male or female observe me without caution.

I hope your next trip out is less concerning.:)

Mykidsrock
08-02-2011, 08:07 PM

You know I was just reading this thread as well and got some what confused by her cooking tea now - cracking library she has if it also has the facilities to let you cook your partner and childs tea there! Wish they would open one up in my area.

Sounds a lot like sour grapes - old CM, friendship gone wrong, she's got turned down for childminding - the possibilities are endless. However if it was a genuine concern then she has failed in her duty to report it - clearly not that concerned then!

Tups
08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Childminders be aware you are being observed all the time everywhere you go.
not by me though:laughing: Ha, are you all there Luiza, sounds like your giving somebody a warning, and if you are speak to that person, :laughing:

bekki0405
08-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Blimey, it must just be me, but there are a lot of CM's on this thread who are highly suspicious and also could be detectives.
In luiza's defence, our town library is open until 7pm on Wed, and it's feasible she doesn't live far. Sounds like she was on her mobile internet to post this.

As for 'spying', I thought she said she was in the library before this CM came in. Maybe she should have approached this CM, but if she had, this CM wouldn't have left the children possibly? Difficult to say

Hindsights a great thing, and maybe she will confront this behaviour in the future, but there's quite a lot of criticism being thrown about, which I personally feel uncomfortable reading. :blush:

Luiza, I agree with the previous poster, this needs to be reported, and if the librarian was part of the scenario, then she should be able to make a complaint too, but she would need to know that it was a CM that was involved. I also think that this CM was observed (not spied on!!) today, but who knows what else goes on when she is not caught out. If you dont report her, and something happens in the future which puts a child at risk, you will have to live with it, if you don't report.

I'm guessing I wont have made any friends after this:panic:

bekki0405
08-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Blimey, it must just be me, but there are a lot of CM's on this thread who are highly suspicious and also could be detectives.
In luiza's defence, our town library is open until 7pm on Wed, and it's feasible she doesn't live far. Sounds like she was on her mobile internet to post this.

As for 'spying', I thought she said she was in the library before this CM came in. Maybe she should have approached this CM, but if she had, this CM wouldn't have left the children possibly? Difficult to say

Hindsights a great thing, and maybe she will confront this behaviour in the future, but there's quite a lot of criticism being thrown about, which I personally feel uncomfortable reading. :blush:

Luiza, I agree with the previous poster, this needs to be reported, and if the librarian was part of the scenario, then she should be able to make a complaint too, but she would need to know that it was a CM that was involved. I also think that this CM was observed (not spied on!!) today, but who knows what else goes on when she is not caught out. If you dont report her, and something happens in the future which puts a child at risk, you will have to live with it, if you don't report.

I'm guessing I wont have made any friends after this:panic:

I've just re-read luiza's post, and she didn't say she was actually cooking dinner, she said her time was up on the computer (so she was using the library pc and her time was up) so she was going home to cook dinner. No cooking facilities required.

onceinabluemoon
08-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Ha, are you all there Luiza, sounds like your giving somebody a warning, and if you are speak to that person, :laughing:

Actually, I think she's right, we are always on show and being watched.

I had some strange lady come up to me last week and bark at me 'you're a childminder aren't you?'.

Turned out she was a bit out of breath after rushing and had crossed the road to see me. Her baby son started with me on Monday, lol! I've also had random strangers come up to me and tell me how well behaved my teenage sons are... (now that *is* bizarre!)

Being watched doesn't bother me, I'm a pretty transparent person really WYSIWYG...

WRT the original post, I get the distinct feeling that you are not telling us the whole story. Perhaps you are trying to protect yourself in case the minder is a member here or for some other private reason (which of course is your right) but it does make for a really strange thread...

Edited to add: our library stays open really late as well.

karen m
08-02-2011, 09:35 PM
this is a very odd post ,maybe she was a registered childminder and someone reported her i no she says she is starting work soon but never said as a minder

georgie456
08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Actually, I think she's right, we are always on show and being watched.

I had some strange lady come up to me last week and bark at me 'you're a childminder aren't you?'.

Turned out she was a bit out of breath after rushing and had crossed the road to see me. Her baby son started with me on Monday, lol! I've also had random strangers come up to me and tell me how well behaved my teenage sons are... (now that *is* bizarre!)

Being watched doesn't bother me, I'm a pretty transparent person really WYSIWYG...

Edited to add: our library stays open really late as well.

Agreed - I am always very aware of the fact that people you pass in the street or stand near in the playground at school are potential future work!

And my library is open till 8pm every night!

I have to repeat what I said earlier though, that if the OP has had previous concerns she really needs to think about reporting this, or maybe speak to the cm herself.

SammyM
08-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Have I accidently logged on to NetMums??? Very strange indeed!!

The Juggler
08-02-2011, 10:23 PM
have to say op didn't really seem to come on to ask for advice but I was a bit surprised by the 'spying' comments thrown back at her.

OP if you are genuinely concerned please report these concerns. I think we might be a bit sensitive after all these netmums posts. someone posted earlier today it'd be nice to get parent feedback on what they think of CM's. If this is how we respond to parents who do post I don't think we're going to encourage such feedback.

This parent was posting about some bad practice (not too much different from a post we might see from one of ourselves really from time to time). I think the comments back to the OP could have been a bit more constructive even if we thought she wasn't acting in the right way to 'watch' this minder. I have watched a minder before if I was worried about the children just to make sure they were ok.:(

button68
08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
My library is rubbish! Doesn't even open on a Wednesday! :angry:

phoebe-alice
08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I have to say out of all the threads I've ever read this is the only one I'm left thinking... what? :rolleyes:
Someone obviously doesn't have their priorities right, I'd definitely ring the Care Commission for advice straight away if I had any concerns not be coming to have a *****, oh well just my thoughts.

wendywu
08-02-2011, 11:04 PM
[
QUOTE=The Juggler;867983]have to say op didn't really seem to come on to ask for advice but I was a bit surprised by the 'spying' comments thrown back at her.

OP if you are genuinely concerned please report these concerns. I think we might be a bit sensitive after all these netmums posts. someone posted earlier today it'd be nice to get parent feedback on what they think of CM's. If this is how we respond to parents who do post I don't think we're going to encourage such feedback.

This parent was posting about some bad practice (not too much different from a post we might see from one of ourselves really from time to time). I think the comments back to the OP could have been a bit more constructive even if we thought she wasn't acting in the right way to 'watch' this minder. I have watched a minder before if I was worried about the children just to make sure they were ok.:([/QUOTE]

I agree with this :thumbsup:

Susana0600
08-02-2011, 11:07 PM
this is a very odd post ,maybe she was a registered childminder and someone reported her i no she says she is starting work soon but never said as a minder

Agree, any complaints first thing I would report to ofsted

Louise B
08-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Is it me, or are all her threads rather strange?! :rolleyes: Something very dodgy if you read through them all..... xx

buildingblocks
08-02-2011, 11:25 PM
If the OP has any concerns regarding safeguarding issues whether she is a Parent or a CM then she has a duty to report the CM in question. It can be hard to report someone but as I once read on this very forum you have to think about it htis way yes you could report someone and feel bad about it but think about how you would feel if you read something bad had happened to the child in the local newspaper and KNOW you could have done something that might have made a difference

mama2three
09-02-2011, 07:22 AM
I agree with Juggler that some of us may be a little ott here.
I personally think she has raised a concern that others of us would have done - just perhaps worded differently. I see from Luizas other thread that she is not a native English speaker so maybe this is why she uses words such as 'observe' rather than 'notice' ?
Of course i could be talking pants here ( as is often the case!)

And if there is something odd , or you think op is 'trolling' ( whatever that means!) then just ignore the thread as surely this stirring is exactly what a 'troll' would want.

One thing we all seem to agree on though is that if you genuinly believe these children were at any risk at all then you need to call Ofsted. She is unlikely to know it was you , especially as another parent became involved , as did the librarian. Plus you stayed out of sight!

georgie456
09-02-2011, 07:30 AM
have to say op didn't really seem to come on to ask for advice but I was a bit surprised by the 'spying' comments thrown back at her.

This parent was posting about some bad practice (not too much different from a post we might see from one of ourselves really from time to time). I think the comments back to the OP could have been a bit more constructive even if we thought she wasn't acting in the right way to 'watch' this minder. I have watched a minder before if I was worried about the children just to make sure they were ok.:(

Well said. I agree :)

xdirtydancerx
09-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Is it me, or are all her threads rather strange?! :rolleyes: Something very dodgy if you read through them all..... xx

Well I didn't like to say but yes I was thinking the same :blush:

luiza.t
09-02-2011, 11:11 AM
possibly a touch of green eyes montser showing their head:rolleyes:
LuizaT have you got permission from your landlord yet? its just yousay you start work soon

Yes I have but he increased the rent £100 a month because of the business.

luiza.t
09-02-2011, 11:12 AM

I am not working yet and even if I was it could have been my day off..

luiza.t
09-02-2011, 11:13 AM

Why not? The library closes at 7?

catlyn
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I am not working yet and even if I was it could have been my day off..

I think playmate might have meant the childminder not you :)

luiza.t
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Well, I don't really understand why people got so mad at me or thought my post was fishy or whatever.

I know that I come across as very rude sometimes and I m onluy learning english language and it causes trouble with my husband and his family as well.

Anyway back to the case: my local library closes at 7, I live very near, my child was with my husband the whole afternoon and they snack a lot when they are together, the dinner was pretty much ready and I would just need to cook some carrots and broccoli when back, so be at that time at the library is not a big deal. And yes, I said my time was up and I had lots of other windown opened in the computer, so I finished writing in this site and went to other sites and that is why my status was shown as online.
For the record we are having issues with our laptop and as I pay insurance it is going to be sent away to be fixed on Friday. Meawhile I use the library ones that are desktop and really fast. I am in the library now, my child is at nursery school, she will go straight to a play date my friend will pick her up and my lunch is the dinner left over from yesterday. I am not working at the moment, and that is why I am at library again.

I never used the word spy, I dont go out to spy anyone but I do observe how people interact with children, started doing this when I was pregnant, and now that I will become a childminder soon, do this to childcarers in general as well.

I used to hang out with the minder in question but sttoped due to feel unconfortable with her practice. She told me she was granted Good and I confirmed on ofsted page as she the one childminder close to my flat and I searche by postcode. The description of her premises and her families confirms it is her.

She is not a member here and never will be. She told she wont spend free time doing anything to do with childminding as she is in it just for the money anyway.

Come back later, maybe as I feel so unwelcome here.
Sorry I havent got the right profile to post will just read for now on, it is a wonderful website.

And yes didnt want to ask advice just rant. And the librarians couldnt care less of what was going on. They just took action when a parent made a complaint.

luiza.t
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I think playmate might have meant the childminder not you :)

the childminder went before I started here. I had books and papers to read, then decided to come.

mama2three
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Luiza theres no need to stay away. I think your status as 'parent' rather than prereg , added to your wording just made people wary. We are a welcoming lot really! Honest!

manjay
09-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Luiza theres no need to stay away. I think your status as 'parent' rather than prereg , added to your wording just made people wary. We are a welcoming lot really! Honest!

I absolutely agree! Do not stay away. I think people were a little harsh as they may not have understood that english is not your first language.

Come on guys. If one of us had made this post I am sure the response would have been very supportive:(

georgie456
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I absolutely agree! Do not stay away. I think people were a little harsh as they may not have understood that english is not your first language.

Come on guys. If one of us had made this post I am sure the response would have been very supportive:(

I couldn't agree more - Luiza, please don't feel the need to stay away.

phoebe-alice
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm sure no one is trying to make you feel unwelcome, as all of the ladies on here seem to be lovely.
Just I would have contacted Ofsted or Care Commission before coming on to talk about it, or at least ask advise on what you should do about your concerns if you know what I mean. Child safety is always number one in my mind, so sorry if I came across as harsh.
If you do have real concerns on any childs welfare I hope that you would always follow it up as in the end no one wants to think that their children are being left unattended by a person they trust (and pay for) to care for their little one.

Mouse
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Luiza, looking at some of your other posts it seems that you have a concerns about a few minders or unregistered people near you. If you don't feel able to report your concerns directly to Ofsted, do you have a sympathetic development officer or support worker you could talk to? Maybe tell them some of the things you have seen and see what they suggest?

It can be incredibly frustrating when you see people flouting the rules & seemingly getting away with it.

mamasheshe
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM

totally agree i've read the first post and it's fine (there's local childminders i avoid to especially if i had no children with me:blush: :blush:) and i would be concerned if i had seen this at the library. please stick about xx

mamasheshe
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Luiza, looking at some of your other posts it seems that you have a concerns about a few minders or unregistered people near you. If you don't feel able to report your concerns directly to Ofsted, do you have a sympathetic development officer or support worker you could talk to? Maybe tell them some of the things you have seen and see what they suggest?

It can be incredibly frustrating when you see people flouting the rules & seemingly getting away with it.

was also going to say your development worker should be able to help you :thumbsup:

Katiekoo
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm sure no one is trying to make you feel unwelcome, as all of the ladies on here seem to be lovely.
Just I would have contacted Ofsted or Care Commission before coming on to talk about it, or at least ask advise on what you should do about your concerns if you know what I mean. Child safety is always number one in my mind, so sorry if I came across as harsh.
If you do have real concerns on any childs welfare I hope that you would always follow it up as in the end no one wants to think that their children are being left unattended by a person they trust (and pay for) to care for their little one.

Totally agree - you just came accross as a bit gossipy. I think we are all quite sensitive about childrens welfare and just cautious of gossip - especially about other minders. That's really not what this site is all about. As some of your previous treads have seemed evasive and not very transparent or honest, I wondered where you were coming from with this story. I can see that you were probably just having a rant, sorry, I think I misunderstood your intentions.

LOOPYLISA
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM

I agree :thumbsup:

Bit unfair here :(

aly
09-02-2011, 12:21 PM
as others have said really, if you are concerned you need to do something about it and no 'gossip' etc, you can complain anonomously {that doesnt look right - sp?] so she wont know its you plus there were other witnessesso she wont know it's you, and if she didnt see you as you were hiding I really dont see the problem.

Everyone is welcome here, so please dont think you need to not come back.

luiza.t
09-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I became a member here before I started the whole process just to investigate if it would be worth to quit my job and become a childminder so that is why my status is - parent -

I did not report yet and I dont know if I will do I feel very strange reporting someone that I used to hang up with even though I have seen worst things happening but turned out of children be ok

Just dont know what to do now

aly
09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Just dont know what to do now

Do you think there care issues?...is the child at risk?
if there are then I think there is only 1 option.

berkschick
09-02-2011, 01:46 PM
The main thing to remember is the children.

If they are at risk in anyway then it needs reporting I think.

beccas
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
in my opinion you should should maybe discuss what you saw with your localdevelopment officer maybe they canhave a word but by leavingchildren alone she is breaking the safeguarding rule.

if she continues then ofsted need to know about htese issues, maybe they will scare her in to behaving correctly iyswim.

dont be afraid to post on here thats what i thought it was for ranting etc.... also for advice.

as for your perent label cant you change it if you go in to user cp... i think you can.

hope this helps and eases your concerns.xxxx