PDA

View Full Version : AAARGH!

The Juggler
08-02-2011, 02:04 PM
so the handle of my double felt a bit wobbly this morning. had a look and it wasn't locking in properly. by the time I got to the end of the road it was kaput. had to get the two girls to walk (2 and nearly 2).

I've had it 3 years (bit longer actually) it does 3 school runs a day and had a buggy board on for 1 year also. It survived the snow too. Is that a reasonable life for a buggy? It's the longest I've had one.:laughing: :laughing:

Just gotta find another one now at a decent price

kel1983
08-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh no thats not good.

I have air filled tyres on mine and I did wonder today what I would do if I got puncture :panic:

I think 3 years is good. I usually get bored with them and have to buy a new one :blush: I usually work out a good excuse why to buy one.

I do find it hard though to find one I like. I spend ages reading reviews on the internet

The Juggler
08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Oh no thats not good.

I have air filled tyres on mine and I did wonder today what I would do if I got puncture :panic:

I think 3 years is good. I usually get bored with them and have to buy a new one :blush: I usually work out a good excuse why to buy one.

I do find it hard though to find one I like. I spend ages reading reviews on the internet

funnily enough I was just eyeing up a phil and teds the other day and wondering if I could get away with buying a new one when this one was fine - maybe it was an omen - or wishful thinking:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but need to be able to use a buggy board in sept so I think a p&t is out. Have found a cheap new mamas and papas which only weighs 10kg - I prefer the side by sides as I have a dodgy elbow and it is very lightweight so fingers crossed it lasts as long as my old one.:D

rickysmiths
08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh I've had my double buggy for over 10yrs its a McClaren. I used it for 4yrs everyday several times a day and loading it in and out of the car. Had a break and now it had been in constant use for another 4 years, long walks and lumped in and out of the car.

I have been cm for 17yrs. I still use the Sliver Cross buggy we bought for my dd 18yrs ago, I have the double above and two singles one is 6yrs old and the other 4yrs old both in daily use. I also use a buggy board sometimes. The 6yr old one repalced a 20yr old McClaren that was given to me as a lightweight buggy to use for my dd.

I would be shocked if a buggy died on me after only 3 years.

Blaze
08-02-2011, 04:08 PM
I was under the impression that we couldn't use items over a certain age due to conforming to newer safety regulations, but I suppose with everything if RA'd & still in good nick then it's OK to do so! I love the old silver cross coach buggies they are so beautiful, but then I'm biased as I had one as a baby!

Playmate
08-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh I've had my double buggy for over 10yrs its a McClaren. I used it for 4yrs everyday several times a day and loading it in and out of the car. Had a break and now it had been in constant use for another 4 years, long walks and lumped in and out of the car.

I have been cm for 17yrs. I still use the Sliver Cross buggy we bought for my dd 18yrs ago, I have the double above and two singles one is 6yrs old and the other 4yrs old both in daily use. I also use a buggy board sometimes. The 6yr old one repalced a 20yr old McClaren that was given to me as a lightweight buggy to use for my dd.

I would be shocked if a buggy died on me after only 3 years.

I have a mclaren and I wish the flaming thing would die :D its heavy and cumbersome and I hate lifting it in and out of the car. We bought a cheap one from tesco (about £26)to go in Mick's Zafira, its very lightwight and has low handles, which for me at 5ft nothing is bril:laughing: only down side is it dosn't have a rain cover :( We also have a tripple jogger which is great as a double or tripple, but it doesn't go in the car :(

The Juggler
08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
OMG 10 years that is amazing and the other one even longer.

It's interesting your was a mcclaren. I've had 2. one went after 18 months. bought another one nearly new and after 4 months that one went. both had same fault - the chassis would not lock into place when open. so I steered clear of mcclaren after that but you've proved me wrong on that. perhaps it's the way I push.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

have to be honest the pavements are diabolical around here so they do really get some welly and our school run is 40 mins from house to school to school and back home.:(

I've had my single a bit longer but it doesn't get used more than once a week really