PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Mentor

Jo&BabyDillon
08-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi All,

I was hoping somebody could help me.

I am very new into childminding although working with children was always my dream however; unfortunatly i got pushed into an admin role as a teenager and until now thats where i have been for the last 10 years.

I am now looking for a mentor in the near area somebody i can come and spend the day with see how things work and somebody i can rely on in the furture to help with any struggles (as well as this forum of course). It would be really nice to know somebody in childminding to help along the way.

If anybody lives near Northenden in Manchester or in the surronding area i would really apreciate it if i could spend a day with them and just have a look how things run.

Let me know if anyone is available.

Thanks
Jo:) :blush:

Graham
08-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi Jo

In our area new childminders in their first year are assigned an experienced "support childminder" to help them, not sure if this is correct for all areas, others may know.

tashaleee
08-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi Jo

In our area new childminders in their first year are assigned an experienced "support childminder" to help them, not sure if this is correct for all areas, others may know.

I used to do this in my area - but they cancelled the scheme due to lack of funding which was a real shame as it was so beneficial for new people starting up :(

Jo&BabyDillon
08-02-2011, 10:35 AM
No they don't do it here unfortunatly but i really feel i need the help childminding is something i really want to do but just think it will give me some confidence to have a mentor. Going to keep asking around anyway see if i can talk somebody into it. :)

Pipsqueak
08-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Many areas already run a buddy support scheme.

But some of the best ways to get support is by mixing andmingling with the exisiting minders and those who you will be on your CYPOPS course.

Meet other minders by going to drop ins, network meetings, toddler groups etc events, regional meetings etc.

Talk to your CDO and ask her to put you in touch with friendly helpful minders