PDA

View Full Version : Anybody filled in the new Scottish application forms?

JanieK
08-02-2011, 10:07 AM
How confusing have they made the new style forms??

I've managed to fill in the first bits ok but Part 5 (which I know they say they'll do with you during registration) is just written in double dutch to me.

I had an old form but then fell pregnant so didn't go through with registration. Wish I had now, that form at least made sense!!

Exactly what policies/statements do they expect you to have in place to begin with?

arly
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
I will be back with some information for you later as my mindee just woke up :) will let you know what policies I started out with, i registered Oct last year so it will prob be the same form I had. x

arly
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Hello again so sorry its took me so long to get back but been pretty hectic :panic:

My policies that i had for registering were:-

About me
Aims and Objectives
Settling In
Childrens Records & Details
Confidentiality
Equal Oppurtunities
Health and Safety
Illness
Administering Medication
Behaviour
Accident & Incident reporting
Emergency procedure
Emergency Evacuation procedure
Fire Risk Assessment
Safeguarding Children
Complaints, Comments & Suggestions
Participation
Help me to Help you

Now some of these are only few lines long so dont panic that you have to write loads, my CCO seemed to be happy with these. I have since done an admissions policy and fees policy. :thumbsup:

Hope that helps if your stuck please ask and I will try to help :)

pandora1
24-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Get your policies in place as suggested by Arly. They will basically cover what you have been asked for and more.

The set of standards you will be working with will be the Early Education and Childcare up to age 16.....you can get this doc on www.scotland.gov.uk.

Evaluating you service:

This will also be covered in your participation policy, complaints policy and possibly the help me to help you. When thinking about evaluating just ask how you will ensure that your service is meeting the needs of the parents and children. Some childminders will do this through face to face meetings (a little like parents evenings...going through how the child is doing and agreeing what next steps will be, some use questionnaires for both parents and children. Some evaluation will come about because you are checking on good practice through websites like these. Think about how you will involve the parents and children, some may like questionnaires, others will prefer face to face, formal or informal....all they are looking for initially is that you will include parents and children in evaluation, how you actually do it will be determined by the parents and children you have and what they prefer. I am sure you will get lots of ideas for evaluating your service from others and on some participation websites and books.

Good luck