PDA

View Full Version : Bronchiolitis

Mrs M
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Would you look after a child with bronchiolitis? It's not on the list of ailments and I'm continuing to mind a child who has been diagnosed with it and is on antibiotics but he really is poorly. Are my children likely to catch it?
Thanks.

sonia ann
08-02-2011, 08:26 AM
http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/bronchiolitis.html

this is a good link for information
as regards caring for the lo it depends how poorly he is whether I would continue to offer care, if he is otherwise happy and content, I would keep him but if he is poorly and miserable most children would rather be at home with mummy

grindal
08-02-2011, 11:22 AM
DS2 regularly seems to get this. To be honest I think it is what the doctors used to call a cold or virus! Bronchiolitis is actually viral not bacterial - so antibiotics must have been prescribed for some sort of chest infection rather than the bronchiolitis itself.

As long as the child seems well I would be happy to have them - maybe after 24 hours or so on the antibiotics. DS2 often continues to go to playgroup.

Is the child asthmatic?

tracey36
08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
iv looked after a child with this he was a premature baby and apparentyl quite common and can take a while to get better, but as long as the child isnt to poorly with it im willing to look after them