PDA

View Full Version : Grrr getting fed up now..

MissTinkerbell
07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
..of a stroppy sulky 4 year old who won't do anything other than complain that I won't put the TV on for her.

I've tried her favourite toys; drawing; painting playdough but all she wants to do is watch the TV.

I decided last week that the TV wasn't going on until abot 2.30pm as I'd finally had enough of her only watching the TV in the afternoons. Me and her little brother spent the afternoons playing with the toys but she refused to join in.

At the moment she is sat in the hallway sulking saying she misses her mummy - all a ruse to get me to give in:laughing: - she must think I was born yesterday. I guess its my own doing because I gave into her last term because it was first time of doing 5 mornings a week at preschool.... but things need to change now. I don't mind on a Friday afternoon but wanting it every afternoon is just too much I think.

Just needed to vent as it were......

The Juggler
07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I think have a no tv at all rule for the timebeing. Is she new mindee. for childrne who have a lot of tv at home it takes time for them to get used to 'playing' or for them not to just have it on when they want it.

Stick with it and once she's playing along with everyone else maybe have a 1/2 hour slot each day to watch a fave programme.

Zoomie
07-02-2011, 02:32 PM
tell her that she can get TV in the afternoon ONLY

and stick to it !!!!

as an incentive, ie only after she knows you mean business, you could say she could have an extra 10 minutes, if she plays nicely (ie stops the sulks).

Trick is to be consistent.

And tell parents you are doing this / give them a print out of your tv policy :thumbsup: