PDA

View Full Version : dilema please help

mushpea
07-02-2011, 07:09 AM
ok bit of a dilema really
I mind a 4yrold boy in the holidays,, his mum pays me term time aswell as holidays to hold the space and also because she says if she only pays me in the hols then tax credits only give her a few pounds each week and it dosen build up enough in time for the holidays,, anyway I have a variation for 4 under 5's on the tuesday and wednesday as he used to come to me termtime untill he started preschool,, these are the days he will come in the holidays so i have kept the variation running but come the end of june one of the other children will finish with me and so then i will end the variation but this childs parent is a collage student and may want me again in september so the question is would ofsted allow another variation with 3 of the same children and 1 different children 3 months after giving up the other variation or am I better to tell the first parent now that i cant have him term time only holiday time and just charge her holiday time,,, i did say she could share the space with term time only children i have but she refused because of the tc payment

The Juggler
07-02-2011, 07:53 AM
i think it depends on continuity of care. if one of the current children drops hours and you have three and then one of them needs to come again so you need 4 at certain times that is more likely but if it's to take on a new child probably not.

you can only ask:D

Daftbat
07-02-2011, 08:21 AM
I am confsed - are you saying you have avariation to cover you just in case the holiday only child comes during termtime? If this is the case I would just cancel the termtime side of things rather than go through a variation.

rickysmiths
07-02-2011, 12:30 PM
It sounds a bit iffy to me.

What does the mum pay you in term time? If she pays you half fee and claims tax credits for the full fee so this money 'tops' up the full fee in the holidays then she is committing Fraud. I don't see how keeping the place open and paying you in term toime can hep her to pay the holiday fees unless this is what she is doing.

As far as you are concerned if you have a variation for 4 under fives during term time as well as the holidays so there is a place for this child thats fine because if you are being paid a retainer in term time you have to have the space if the parent wants to use it.

The parent who is a college student, are you paid by Care to Learn? If you are you will get a form from them in May time that you fill in to claim a retainer fee to cover the summer holidays. If you do this the Variation should just stay in place for the children who are named on it.

Will the 4yr old be going into Reception in school in Sept? If they are you will need a rising 5s Variation on your cert and as soon as he is attending 10 sessions a week, so full time, even if he isn't 5 until Aug 2012 he will then be counted as an over 5 in your numbers and so you wouldn't need the Variation for 4 under 5. As long as you are still in your overall numbers you can have 3 under 5s plus him.

Sorry a bit long winded, hope it makes sense.

mushpea
07-02-2011, 07:47 PM
in the term time she pays me the same as she would in the holidays this way the tax credits pay her a set amount and the space is there term time should she need it,, to be honest its more of a pain than anything,, she put in writing to me that she wanted the monday and tuesday so these are the days i have kept open for her but she asked me if i could have him thursday and friday of half term and is now kicking up a stink cause i said no to the thursday,, if im honest i want to let him go but as she has been paying me since christmas to keep his space open i feel a bit rotten doing this,,,however i think i will tell her that after the easter holidays i will no longer be able to accomodate him and let him go but what is the best way of saying this in a letter to end the contract?