PDA

View Full Version : Anybody childmind using their parents home?

cchildcare
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi, I am just curious as to whether anybody else childminds using their parents home?

I have just recently registered and have one mindee once a week, I care for him in my Mums home as she allows me to do this..have my own playroom too :) which I am really greatful for.

However I was just wondering whether you think parents would be "put off" by this? My two older brothers live here too but they work long hours so are out of the house during minding hours.

I'm not getting any enquiries and wondering whether this is why, stressing me out! :(

Also a quick question about Ofsted Inspection, do they check bedrooms even if they are not registered (I only have downstairs registered) I feel bad on my family having somebody snooping in their rooms haha.

Anyhelp is much appreciated xx

Minstrel
06-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Are you telling people in your adverts that you mind from your parents home? How would they know before they enquire? Just asking because i don't think i would say anything until that actually visit and then they can judge once they've met you.

cchildcare
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Yes I put it in my childcare ad, do you think I should keep that info til they visit? Thanks for reply

Minstrel
06-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes i would take it out. At least you'll know if it is the reason for no enquiries. If it helps i haven't had any for a while either :(

cchildcare
06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Will do, thank you! Hope you start getting enquiries..getting fed up now!

Minstrel
06-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Your welcome and good luck too! :D

kel1983
06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi
I live and childmind in my parents house. Unfortunately I dont have a play room though. I just get the spare room to store my toys in.

I dont mention that its my parents home in my profile but its the first thing I usually mention when I have a family visit me. Ive had 3 visits so far and its not put any of them off. I have CRB's for both the whole family which I can show them.

My brother moved back in over the christmas period while he is looking for a new flat but he is out at work all day so none of them ever see him and I have had him CRB checked.

My parents are very supportive. My mum also registered as a childminder at the same time as me and hopes to join me at home later in the year. All my mindees parents have met my parents which I think helps.

Ofsted only checked all rooms in the house when they come for the pre registration visit. When I had my first graded inspection they just checked the rooms I use for minding, which is the ground floor only.

Twinkles
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Ofsted checked ALL my rooms including the non registered ones.

Why oh why did I not tidy the teenagers bedrooms :panic:

cchildcare
06-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks kel for all the info, given me some hope :laughing:

Oh god haha I just feel a bit bad, I will make sure their rooms are tidy...thanks for info!

Chimps Childminding
06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I think there are one or two on here who mind from their parents house. Can't really see why that would be a problem as long as your parents are ok with it and everyone is CRB'd as they would have to be even if it were your own house, if they were over 16.

As for inspecting all rooms, when I had my inspection she only checked the bathroom upstairs as I wanted that registered in case my downstairs toilet was ever out of action!!! I have 4 teenage sons so thankfully she didn't ask to see their rooms

cchildcare
08-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks for reply Carolyn, yes everyone CRB'd and to be honest are out of house during working hours...occasion when they do come home from work earlier or don't leave til later but they enjoy having little ones around anyway luckily :)

kel1983
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for reply Carolyn, yes everyone CRB'd and to be honest are out of house during working hours...occasion when they do come home from work earlier or don't leave til later but they enjoy having little ones around anyway luckily :)

My family are all out the house till about 5.30. If they come home while I am still minding they usually take an intrest in what the children are doing. My mindees are not shy at all so will usually get my mum to read a book to them or chat away to my dad.