PDA

View Full Version : what to do

wolcp
06-02-2011, 07:35 PM
hi everyone.ive been registered a few weeks now.However ive put a sign up gone on every website to let them knw im a childminder not getting anywhere.have you got any advice at all.I guess im being impatient.How did you all advertise and get mindees.Where i am their is 6 childminders me included.I have even got a sign outside my house,dnt knw why im feeling so disheartened.:panic:

mufftie
06-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Enquiries are like buses you wait for 1 and then 3 come at once , don't get dissheartened your time will come

SammyM
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I agree, once you stop looking for the business it will fly in!! Good Luck x

kel1983
06-02-2011, 08:17 PM
I didnt get any intrest until 3 months into my registration. Both my mindees were on the Childcare website and I contacted them. Last week I had my first contact through the FIS. It seems really slow at the moment but something is bound to come up soon.

Good Luck.

Dont give up

guest4
06-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Hiya,
Perhaps try going to your local Children's Centre... get to know the centre staff and let them have your number incase they get asked for local Childminders.
It's good to network! :)

Be patient and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts!!!:rolleyes:

Trace x:jump for joy:

swindonminder
06-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I know exactly how your feeling. Ive been advertising everywhere FIS, Local school, local shops, Yell.com etc and havent had much luck.
The best thing I did was become a gold member on childcare.co.uk. It cost me £20 for 3 months membership, I've been able to message parents looking for childminders in my local area and have today just had 2 enquiries, fingers crossed. Its defiantly worth becoming a gold member.

Keep your chin up. I had a some down days last week and was wondering if I was ever going to even get an enquiry, but they will come so just hold on.

Emma :)

Noomie
06-02-2011, 08:57 PM
All my mindees have come from the direct.gov site, childcare.co.uk or through my support childminder and the little network she has. One was a mixture of putting flyers up in local nursery and childcare.co.uk. It's worth the membership, definitely. You could also do baby sitting to tide you over. But flyers really haven't done that much for me. Good luck.

Rmead
06-02-2011, 09:34 PM
I've just started too - registered two weeks. I too am a gold member of childcare.co.uk and then contacted local parents on there who were looking for childcare. I have a mum coming on Thursday to meet me from that. Other than that I did postcards on vistaprint and have leaflet dropped my estate with them, going to do the neighbouring roads too. I've posted on netmums which I also had an enquiry from. I made a facebook page linking to my website so hopefully friends of friends might see. Put my details in the surestart centres and now need to do school.

rickysmiths
06-02-2011, 11:11 PM
hi everyone.ive been registered a few weeks now.However ive put a sign up gone on every website to let them knw im a childminder not getting anywhere.have you got any advice at all.I guess im being impatient.How did you all advertise and get mindees.Where i am their is 6 childminders me included.I have even got a sign outside my house,dnt knw why im feeling so disheartened.:panic:

Maybe it is just me but I wouldn't feel comfortable having a sign outside my house advertising that I work alone careing for children. Also you could be in breach of your dees or lease if you live in a leasehold property. Many homes have in their Deeds a restriction about advertising a business so be careful. If one of your neighbours complains to the local council they could ask you to remove it.

Good luck with the mindee hunting they will arrive.