PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 Diploma

solly
06-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Am seriously considering doing the Level 3 Diploma for the children and young peoples workforce, as now my horse has gone to wales on loan for a year or so I now have time on my hands and my children are older so will be able to do it.

I know its expensive and not sure if i would get any funding for it, but my DH has said if i want to do it he will fund it for me.:)

I am not sure which way is best to do it, as i could go to college one night a week or
Do it through the NEC college, I did my DCP & ECP through them and found it good as i had no pressure or dealines so could work at my own pace, I passed both but at times found it quite lonely and missed the input from others which i had when I did my ICP.

Also is this taking over from the NVQ 3

I know if i join the network (still undecided)

I keep thinking is it worth it or do i just carry on like I am, I am 40 in may and the thought of having to start studying again fills me with dread :eek:

rickysmiths
06-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes this Diploma is repalcing the NVQ.

I went to an information evening about it last week. Our Early Years have teamed up with Smart Training who are funded by the Government. It means that the course costs approx £2000, Smart are paid £1500 by the gov so we have to pay £500 which is a bargin and then EY said they would fund half. No brainer to get the qualification for £250!

As you early years if they could tap into this funding through Smart.

I haven't done this level of study for 20yrs :eek: and I'm 56 in a few weeks.! However the course looks childminder friendly and a lot of the assigments are centered around things like Policies and Proceedures, risk Assessment which we have in place anyway.

You have to have a min of 4 observations done in your workplace in order to complete the Diploma. Not quite sure how organisations like NEC cope with this aspect?

Helcatt
07-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Thats a good point about the obs in your setting

Didyou find NEC god then? I have been thinking of signing up with them but not sure if I am being a bit insane for doing this course aswell

Worth checking out if you can get funding, I know alot has been cut lately though

Hx

xdirtydancerx
07-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I've just applied to do this course at my local(ish) college :thumbsup:

I decided I'd rather do it in a classroom rather than at home as I'm always happy to make new friends and it gives me a chance to see the outside of my four walls once a week :laughing:

Helcatt
07-02-2011, 04:51 PM
i think ts also great to talk to others in a similar situation and bounce ideas off each other, if you can. I struggled with some aspects of the DHC because I was working alone so much

Hx

Helcatt
07-02-2011, 04:56 PM
just seen this

if you have to fund yourself, this works out much cheaper

http://www.mnttraining.co.uk/training/DiplomafortheChildrenandYoungPeoplesWorkforce/index.htm

xdirtydancerx
07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
just seen this

if you have to fund yourself, this works out much cheaper

http://www.mnttraining.co.uk/training/DiplomafortheChildrenandYoungPeoplesWorkforce/index.htm

Gosh that is very cheap! Now I'm confused as to whether I've made the right decision :rolleyes: