PDA

View Full Version : Under 12 months - food???

MaffAnna
06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi!

I have on 3yo mindee who I provide lunch and snacks for, included in his daily rate. What should I provide for an 11 month old? And how to word it in my intro to parents? Do I say once weaned fully lunch is included??:eek: Sounds like it's bad value before hand! If you see what mean..................
Any advice appreciated.

Oh, meant to say mum and baby are visiting mon morning at 10 am, so speedy replies very, very welcome!

sarah707
06-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I provide all food once the children are weaned.

Up to then I ask parents to provide food in case of allergies and so I can get an idea of what they eat at home / enjoy etc.

Hth :D

~Grasshopper~
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
im providing food for all mindee's. but have said if they want to use jars they provide them.

my own 11mth old loves beans on toast, scramb egg, omlette, anything on a sandwich, pasta, anything to be honest except whole nuts, honey or salted things.

i feed my 3 yr old and 11mth old the same food. xxx

babs
06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
i provide all food except jars ive got 11 month old whos been on normal food since he was 8 months old will eat anything you put in front of him, on the other hand ive got 12 month old who is still on jars ive tried to get her off them and she gags on everything and wont even pick up finger food, but will eat fruit from a nubby net which i find strange lol.. i dont provide jars for her but i do put her a sandwich down or food others are having to encourgage her, 9 times out of 10 end up on floor i know its a waste but shes got to eat sometime i think its just easier at home to warm a jar for her..

karen m
06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
i have a lo who is 1 later this month she still eats jars of baby food which her parents provide,i will provide once a lo is weaned this was stated at first interview

MaffAnna
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Thank you Sarah, Suz and Babs.

I don't know why things seem so complex when there's no one to discuss them with! I'm sorted now, just hope the mum will sign up.

Rubybubbles
06-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Up to then I ask parents to provide food in case of allergies and so I can get an idea of what they eat at home / enjoy etc.

I do same:thumbsup:

flowerpots
06-02-2011, 04:31 PM
good luck hun, ive got my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

Helcatt
06-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I've said they will have the same as the others, just cut up a bit smaller - unless parents want a specific diet and then they can provide jars/home made food

IF I make fish cakes, just miss out the prawns for tinies, that sort of thing

Hx

sillysausage
06-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I will provide suitable home cooked weaning foods and go with what parents want ie baby led or purees etc. If parents want to provide their own food then that's fine too, be it home cooked or jars. I do ensure that I have good lines of communication with parents so that I don't knowingly introduce new foods until they have been tried at home.
I don't generally provide an evening meal (my mindees have usually gone by 5pm lucky me lol!) but when I had a baby who needed his tea at around 4pm (would get too tired and refuse it later) then the parents provided that meal (usually jars) as the timing was too inconvenient for me to 'cook'.

amanda1309
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM

I also do this.

I always ask parents on a morning if we are having something that is suitable could i try them with that food instead of the jars provided.

Rmead
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
I have put that food for weaned children or those who are doing baby led weaning is provided. I did baby led weaning with my daughter so she ate "normal" food from six months, no purees involved. But for traditional weaning will get parents to provide until they are on normal meals.

jane5
07-02-2011, 12:13 AM
im providing food for all mindee's. but have said if they want to use jars they provide them.

my own 11mth old loves beans on toast, scramb egg, omlette, anything on a sandwich, pasta, anything to be honest except whole nuts, honey or salted things.

i feed my 3 yr old and 11mth old the same food. xxx

Same here, They can have the same as us or I will give them "baby food" if they supply it.

miffy
07-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I ask parents to provide all food until children are 1yo, after that they can eat pretty much anything and they should be fully weaned.

Miffy xx