PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the answer to this??

kats
06-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I have a little girl i mind who will be 5 in september just as she goes into reception class, can someone tell me do i have to deliver EYFS for her until the end of reception or up until she is 5 at the beginning of september?? Thankyou :)

francinejayne
06-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Up to the end of reception year!

kats
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Thankyou :)

rickysmiths
06-02-2011, 03:40 PM
No up to 31 August after she is 5yrs.

Pauline
06-02-2011, 03:53 PM
No up to 31 August after she is 5yrs.

agreed, definitely 31st August after 5th birthday.

Tinglesnark
06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh goodness! I didn't realise! Doh! Stupid me! I assume that this includes the odd week here and there for holiday cover?

hello kitty
06-02-2011, 04:21 PM
agreed, definitely 31st August after 5th birthday.

Soooooo, surely that would be the end of reception year then.

Hebs
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM

not always

my daughters birthday is in nov but (if she was little :laughing: ) the EYFS would have had to continue until the following 31st August, reception class ends in July :thumbsup:

miffy
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM

The wording in the regulations is 31 August after the 5th birthday.

Miffy xx

Hebs
06-02-2011, 06:31 PM
what about children BORN ON 31st august???

ajs
06-02-2011, 06:38 PM
what about children BORN ON 31st august???

then you would continue for another year i presume

Zoomie
06-02-2011, 07:04 PM
children born 31 aug would be 4 all the way through their reception year, so you would end the day they turn 5. On Sept 1 onwards these particular children would then fall into Y1 and EYFS would no longer be required.

SammyM
06-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I agree, I prefer to think of it as they are in EYFS until the end of the summer holiday before they start in year one - that way everyone is covered!!

mamasheshe
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I checked this with ofsted in september. I have a little boy who turned 5 the first week of reception, he was in full time education and ofsted said that he wasn't in early years and I didn't have to do learning journeys planning ect I took the persons name I spoke to . Hope this helps x i'd ring to confirm x

rickysmiths
06-02-2011, 11:35 PM
I checked this with ofsted in september. I have a little boy who turned 5 the first week of reception, he was in full time education and ofsted said that he wasn't in early years and I didn't have to do learning journeys planning ect I took the persons name I spoke to . Hope this helps x i'd ring to confirm x

How does that work because as far as Reception is concerned he is part of EYFS while he is in reception.

I thought it was mad that we have to carry on in the summer holidays because their Profile is done ready for when they leave Reception until I discovered that our local schools will carry on EYFS in Year one for the summer babies.

SammyM
07-02-2011, 09:57 AM

Sorry, but thats wrong - I had my inspection last week.

I have 3 mindees in EYFS, 1 2year old and two in reception class.

The first one was 5 on the 3rd Sept and the second won't be five until 5th Aug, so although they are almost a year difference in age, they are both in Reception and as such are under the EYFS until 31st Aug 2011.

Mrs O said because school is their main deliverer of EYFS I still have to do some observations, but on a very scaled down basis ie one or two a term (which luckily is what I do anyway!!)

Hope this helps :goodjob:

auntym
07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Well they do give conflicting information. I did an observation and planning course and was told that when they start reception I stop the observation etc as school is then carer. I also double checked with ofsted who said it was correct. So when mine start reception I will give folder to mum. I wish they would make minds up

sarah707
07-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Ok the Eyfs says...

When a child starts school, the school is the main provider of the Eyfs.

This means the school does the child's profile including evidence for the local council against the Early Learning Goals.

However, the childminder is still responsible for writing the child's Learning Journey until the end of August before they go into Year 1.

You would not write as much detail, but you would still keep an eye on the child's learning and development using obs, assessments and planning.

I hope this clarifies the requirements :D

kats
08-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Thankyou Sarah :)

auntym
08-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Majority of my mindees leave for reception. As the the school have morning and after school club you cant compete with