PDA

View Full Version : Nanny wages?

kymberly
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows the average wage a nanny earns?

The reason I ask is one of my mindees mums has just told me she wants someone to look after the child in her own home and that she would pay me more as there would be more involved (ie cooking and tidying up for them).

Obviously I'd have to let go of my other mindees to take up this post (therefore losing out on their fees) and have no idea what I would charge to make it worth my while and be fair to the parent.

I currently charge £3.50 per hour and work 3days a week.

Any ideas??

The Juggler
06-02-2011, 02:44 PM
nannies can be on an annual wage, charge by the hour be employed or self-employed.

Personally I'd rather do it as self-employed if I was going to do it and I think employers would prefer this (so they don't have to pay holidays/sickness/NI). I think up to £10/hour is average.

AnnieM
06-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Central London £490/week, Outer London and Home Counties £422/week, Other Areas £360/week. This was from the Nursery World website and was from a survey conducted at the end of 2010. This is for Daily nannies as it assumes other duties such as cooking and cleaning are included. :thumbsup:

suzyblue
07-02-2011, 08:19 AM
I think you need to take into account your earning potential as a childminder too and if this is more than the average paid in your area then you should charge this.