PDA

View Full Version : 2 under 12 months action plan

leggy
06-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi, i,m new to this so not sure if i,m doing this the right way!
I need to put an action plan into ofsted to care for 2 under 12 months, in my head i no exactly what i am doing and how i will meet the needs of the children in my care ( i have had 4 sets of twins in the past) but just not sure how to get this on paper the way that ofsted would like.

Has anyone done this? and if so could you help me..

thanks
:)

onceinabluemoon
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I've just had to do this and simply gave an outline of our day and how I met all the children's needs. It doesn't have to be all fancy and wonderful and should reflect what you really do not what you think Ofsted want to hear if that makes sense.

Mine was a bit like a diary
eg 6.30 am 7 month old and 5 years old come in, they do xxx

7.30 boys age 4 and 6 come in and join in with xxx or do xxx

8.30 I leave for school, using a twin buggy and reins to ensure safety of a b and c and (however you are for big ones)

etc etc

I went on to say about how I change activities so all can join in,and said how I would cope when things were not so good, ie if they both were tired or both hungry etc. Also said what equipment I had in the section that asks for that. The form is pretty straightforward if you just do what it asks :)

Good luck

The Juggler
06-02-2011, 02:34 PM
i would make the most of outlining how you managed the twins in the past and make big of the fact you have had 4 sets of them. They will want to know that you have all the equipment too which I'm guessing you have:) good luckx

Shirlwith3
06-02-2011, 02:59 PM
When I requested a variation for 2 under 1yrs last year this is what I put:-

"I know that I am more than capable of meeting each child's individual needs as I have spent many years working as a key worker & deputy supervisor in 2 local preschool.

I have considered both the impact this would have on the emotional and physical needs of the children that I do mind and I feel that I could successfully manage to develop and nurture each child in this situation. It would also be beneficial for the children to have children of a similar aged child to play with.
On a practical level, I have a 2 single pushchairs, 1 double, 1 triple pushchair, buggy board, adequate car seats and a 7 seater car, 2 highchairs, 1 booster seat for dining chair, travel cot downstairs but if young ones want to sleep at the same time I can use a pushchair too, and I have adequate linen to cover this & plenty of toy choice for the appropriate developmental stage. I also use the services of the local toy library.

In case of an emergency I have 3 fellow childminders as a emergency backup should anything happen."

after days of chasing up I was granted a change in regstration to say that I can care for 2 under 1yrs.
I also put in about how my days are planned & a rota of when I have certain children too.
good luck

babs
06-02-2011, 03:41 PM
i did this and included what i needed to buy extra .ie extra highchair, double buggy, travel cot etc, daily routine, .. after i filled out form i left it a week and rang them got some nice gentleman on phone who went though the form with me and granted over fone result, when i 1st looked at form i went omg but once filled in and read back all made sense good luck..

leggy
06-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I've just had to do this and simply gave an outline of our day and how I met all the children's needs. It doesn't have to be all fancy and wonderful and should reflect what you really do not what you think Ofsted want to hear if that makes sense.

Mine was a bit like a diary
eg 6.30 am 7 month old and 5 years old come in, they do xxx

7.30 boys age 4 and 6 come in and join in with xxx or do xxx

8.30 I leave for school, using a twin buggy and reins to ensure safety of a b and c and (however you are for big ones)

etc etc

I went on to say about how I change activities so all can join in,and said how I would cope when things were not so good, ie if they both were tired or both hungry etc. Also said what equipment I had in the section that asks for that. The form is pretty straightforward if you just do what it asks :)

Good luck thanks so much for your help, will get on with it now.

leggy
06-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Thankyou to everyone for their input and advice, i shall get right on to it.