PDA

View Full Version : Lactose intolerance

Mrs M
06-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi there, I look after a six month old baby who has been weaned for quite some time. He is lactose intolerant and is likely to remain this way for quite sometime. I wondered if anyone has any lactose free menus that they could share with me please? I have contacted all the supermarket head offices to obtain lists of the lactose free products they stock. I would just like to offer this child a varied diet and hope one of you has dealt with this issue and can give me some help.
Thank you so much.

christine e
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi

One of my little ones had to have a lactose free diet and tbh it was never that much of a problem. She ate a lot of salmon for the protein plus lots of leafy green veg, cows milk and yoghurts were replaced with soya roducts. She can now tolerate cheese and yoghurt but not a drink of milk but she also has to avoid glutten so I still have to be careful. Have a look at the Pure website for advice
http://www.puredairyfree.co.uk/recipelibrary.php

Cx

Blaze
06-02-2011, 01:16 PM
My son was lactose, soya & egg intolerant - which was a nightmare! If your Lo is fine with Soy then lactose intolerance isn't really too difficult - just be aware that lactose is in the majority of things - baked beans, biscuits, crips, bread, to name a few! (Also look out for whey on lables, not just lactose). If the label says trace then, as it's an intolerance not an allergy LO should be fine - for example petit filous should be fine.
HTH:)

PixiePetal
06-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I minded a child with this - he was a bit dodgy with soya but once this was given the all clear, things were much easier. He started with me at 18 months old.

I used a soya type of soft cheese - like philadelphia cheese as a base for pasta sauce, with veg added. He loved tomato pasta sauce so I added tuna and veg with that too.

As you can see - he was a pasta lover!

mum gave me a list of branded foods which were safe to save time shopping and if I found something he liked which was not on the list, I added it for her. :thumbsup:

sarah707
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
We use soya yoghurts (Alpro usually), Pure marge for baking and lots of hummus :D