PDA

View Full Version : Please help with booklet - Visit Monday

runningmummy
05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Have been reading the EYFS & Ofsted stuff non stop and now I've got myself in a pickle. Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Q.11: How will you encourage children to make good relationships with adults and their peers?

Q.12 How will you support a child for whom English is an additional language, but who has a good understanding of English and speaks English well?
Q.13 How will you support a child and their family who have very little understanding of spoken English? How will you communicate with the child and their parents?any ideas would be welcomed - have a few but need to beef it up!!

Q.23 If you are a childminder registering on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, how do the staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with any assistants? I understand the diff between the 2 but can't work out what to put!! Am I being very stupid??

Q. 34 How will you work in partnership with parents/carers, other providers and agencies involved in each child’s life? For example, a child who goes to a nursery and a childminder; or a child who goes to a childminder and a pre-school and is also receives speech and language therapy?

Would really welcome any help as I seem to be going around in circles!!!!

cristinatuscanu
06-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Have been reading the EYFS & Ofsted stuff non stop and now I've got myself in a pickle. Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.
hi,this werw my answers,and ofsted was fine .
Q.11: How will you encourage children to make good relationships with adults and their peers?
Reading them stories about family members,taking them to playgroups.library where they can interact with adults.
Q.12 How will you support a child for whom English is an additional language, but who has a good understanding of English and speaks English well? Explaining that we all have different backgrounds and again use multicultural books,toys and encouraging them to value their culture an feel proud of his roots.
Q.13 How will you support a child and their family who have very little understanding of spoken English? How will you communicate with the child and their parents?any ideas would be welcomed - have a few but need to beef it up!!
Get a dictionary and try to bring a friend/relative of the family to help translate.use body language,get training into makaton sign language
Q.23 If you are a childminder registering on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, how do the staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with any assistants? I understand the diff between the 2 but can't work out what to put!! Am I being very stupid??

Q. 34 How will you work in partnership with parents/carers, other providers and agencies involved in each child’s life? For example, a child who goes to a nursery and a childminder; or a child who goes to a childminder and a pre-school and is also receives speech and language therapy?
you must keep in touch all the time with other important people in child life and get training regarding speech problems
Would really welcome any help as I seem to be going around in circles!!!!
hope this helps

runningmummy
06-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Thank you very, very much ;)