PDA

View Full Version : We must take a stand against these parents. Allergation update

pinky33
05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
As you know we have had to deal with a problem parent since Xmas.

She wasn't happy to be charged for a day she cancelled with less than 12 hrs notice so pulled child out and refussed to pay notice.

Also made allergations to ofsted which resulted in 2 un anounced visits and lotsof heartache even though they cleared us with no actions.

We responded to her complaints in a very proffesional but honest way 2 weeks ago and giving her one last chance to pay.

Although mm payed us the fees they still advised us to chase fees as did ofsted, and we really didn't want parent to think she had got what she wanted.

I filed a claim through the courts online last Sunday and she was served on Friday.
Today myself and partner did the happy dance in our lounge. The parents had paid! All the fees, the £5 a day charges from Xmas till now and the court costs.

I plead everyone whom has parents diddle them out of money, don't stand for it let's all show these people we are business women we are proffesionals and we won't be walked over!

And as for FALSE allergations well we will clear our names yes it hurts us but we hold our heads up high and welcome ofsted visits because we have nothing to hide.

I'm hugging you all in one big group hug, we are family and will continue to fight them one at a time.

And fir the 99% of parents that treat us with the respect we deserve THANK YOU.

Hazel

caz3007
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

I bet the parent thought you wouldnt take it court and well done for doing so and it cost them a darn sight more in costs etc.

Allie
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
So glad it all worked out in the end, well done

Allie

georgie456
05-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh to be a fly on her wall when she was served!!!!!! I bet her face was a picture!! I love it - well done you for sticking to your guns.

Pipsqueak
05-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Dynamite:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping:

mufftie
05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
well done ,
did you have to pay the court fees first ? and what happens to the money when mm have paid it already did it go back to them , just curious incase im ever in the same position

onceinabluemoon
05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Well done you!!!

The Juggler
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
that is fantastic news:clapping: :clapping:

hello kitty
05-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Good for you. :clapping:

charleyfarley
05-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Good for you :clapping: :clapping:

Glad you got all the money owed paid in full, just shows you do need to get tough sometimes though.

Carol xx

mushpea
05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
WELL DONE:clapping: good for you,,, i too had to fight for my money owed by a parent,, thankfully no false allegations were made but the fight for the money was stressful, you are right,, we do need to make a stand against such parents,,well done you

pinky33
05-02-2011, 07:02 PM
well done ,
did you have to pay the court fees first ? and what happens to the money when mm have paid it already did it go back to them , just curious incase im ever in the same position

It cost £35. And mm pay out if they don't want to chase them which they didn't as said it wasn't enough money so thy paid it into my account in 24 hrs so excellent service

So we got mm money then the parents and no parents don't get it back.

It wasn't about the money though just justice!

sandy64
05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
well done so glad you got payed well done for stickng to it:)

Hebs
05-02-2011, 07:09 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am so happy for you :thumbsup:

I have had false allergations made to ofsted against me and i welcome each one as i know i have nothing to hide therefore nothing to worry about

i've been having some issues with an ex parent myself but i refuse to be bullied into backing down and i have full support from Ofsted and NCMA.

it really annoys me that parents think they can run to Ofsted with false allergations about us childminders if they dont get their own way, but if it ever happens to me again i will be asking for the details of who made the complaint under the freedom of information act (Ofsted have confirmed they dont take annonomous complaints) and taking the appropriate action, until we ALL start doing this then parents will think they are "safe" from the repocussions! :thumbsup:

Mrs Pootle
05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Well done, it takes some guts to stand up to parents and prove you are right. So glad you got your money, and glad it was because the parents paid and not just through your insurance.
You are right, we need to make these people realise that we professional and won't be taken for a ride.
Well done :clapping:

babs
05-02-2011, 07:25 PM
well done . glad its worked out

the happy house
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Whoop whoop!!!!

well worthy of a celebration boogie!!

twinkle3005
05-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Well done Hun. :clapping: Been through the same thing, took it to court, won and got the money. It was an awful time having lies told about me all because a parent didn't want to pay, but the truth is out there now.

Good on you girl!

mrs_scottydog
05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
So pleased that everything went well. Hx

Chimps Childminding
05-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Well done!! Its not fair that people think they can make things up just to get out of paying you!!!! :angry:

We are currently taking my son's previous employer to the small claims court as he worked long hours for him for 6 weeks and never got a penny - one excuse after another. We know he thinks that just because my son was only 17 he could get away with just not paying him - but we are determined to show him that thats not the case :angry: :angry:

littletreasures
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Well done for getting the money back :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
05-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Well done - so glad you got the money out of them!

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
06-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Well done for sticking to your guns :thumbsup:

Mookins
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
a very big hearty well done hun
am so pleaswd for you..i read your thread with tears in my eyes what an awful awful woman and so much stress to go through...i join you in your stand against anyone who dares defy us as a business and as a proffessional

big hugs to all
xxx

Tinglesnark
06-02-2011, 01:01 PM
:clapping:
well done am so pleased for you both x

sarah707
06-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

pinky33
06-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks again ladies, it's such a releif it really is.
I just wish non of us never has to go through things like this bat alas its always going to be a hazard of the job.

Money is nicely tucked away and waiting for my tax rebate to join it so we can book a week in florida to celebrate our 10 year anniversary,:eek:

suzyblue
07-02-2011, 08:16 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am so happy for you :thumbsup:

I have had false allergations made to ofsted against me and i welcome each one as i know i have nothing to hide therefore nothing to worry about

i've been having some issues with an ex parent myself but i refuse to be bullied into backing down and i have full support from Ofsted and NCMA.

it really annoys me that parents think they can run to Ofsted with false allergations about us childminders if they dont get their own way, but if it ever happens to me again i will be asking for the details of who made the complaint under the freedom of information act (Ofsted have confirmed they dont take annonomous complaints) and taking the appropriate action, until we ALL start doing this then parents will think they are "safe" from the repocussions! :thumbsup:

My friend had a false allegation made against her and Ofsted refused to tell her who made the complaint. Apparently if the complaintant wants to stay anonymous then Ofsted wont tell you. Is this right?

ChocolateChip
07-02-2011, 04:52 PM
So pleased you got it in the end :clapping: :clapping:

Are you gonna send her a postcard from Florida? :D

pinky33
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Omg that's so funny and very very tempting