PDA

View Full Version : Wooden logs

sqwiggle
05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi i am looking for some wooden logs and was hoping someone knows where i can get some from. Im looking for some small ones to put in trays with dinos etc and some larger ones for decoration around an 'owl babies' corner that i want to set up. I have seen a few in childrens centres and on displays at a few courses but didnt think to ask where they got them for because I wasnt looking at the time :rolleyes:

beccas
05-02-2011, 09:03 PM
i am also onteh look out for these. Here is a few sites i found has them varing in price

sbs
myriad
mindstretches
ebay (type in eco tree blocks~)
also early excellence in huddersfield got some.

i found a good website that does wooden blocks etc cheaply...
its woodcraftstore

hope this helps

manjay
05-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I spent a fortune on blocks from Myriad:rolleyes: but definitely worth it. the children love them and they will last for ever!

Polly2
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I got my hubby to make me some :thumbsup: he's a gardener so lots of wood hanging around where he works.

AnnieM
06-02-2011, 10:41 AM
I bought some of the mopani wood from Dunelm Mill for my dinosaurs and minibeasts, I think they were about £2 each, but decent size pieces. :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
06-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Mmm what about asking a gardening company(landscapers/ tree surgeon) if they have any from jobs they have done ? My neighbour has given me 2 toadstools that he carved from logs and 2 half logs that the kids sit on in their den at the bottom of the garden under the camaflague(sp) net, they love it down there . I think they think I can't see them ;)

sqwiggle
06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Ah thank you everyone, I will have a look around :clapping:

sarah707
06-02-2011, 03:15 PM
I asked a local tree surgeon and he dropped me some off when he was next passing :D