PDA

View Full Version : vista print

flowerpots
05-02-2011, 08:13 AM
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=202892

Good Morning everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has come across this scam with vistaprint before?
I want to get some new business cards and posters done as my contact number has changed, i have used them in the past without any problems but this is putting me off using them a little bit.

Does anybody use any other good quality (cheap) companies?

Thank you:D

onceinabluemoon
05-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Just read through the posts you link to and noted that they're from 5 years ago. I used vistaprint and aside from the really annoying email they send you every-single-day saying 'last chance to...' haven't had any problems.

However I'm not thrilled with the quality of their T shirts and their baseball cap was far too small for me (in depth not round the head) and kept falling off so will not be going back to them for clothing. (The cloth bags however were fab and have even withstood a machine wash!)

I think the moral is: Be very careful what you're signing up for and don't just click 'I accept', actually read the terms and conditions...

cuddlybunny38
05-02-2011, 08:53 AM
This also happened to me, I realized(sp) after 2 months after checking my bank statements and I rang vista print and they said I had pushed the buton to subscribe( which I didnt). The bank was good and refunded me the money and they then got it back from the company. That was about 3 years ago. Some people though use them and all is well, just read everything before you click, xxx

Pauline
05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
We used Vista Print recently and having heard of the problems myself (although as onceinabluemoon says it was 5 years ago!) I sent them a message saying I was concerned and could they assure me that I would not have a regular payment set up from my account or anything like that. I had a lovely reply and they assured me they wouldn't.

If I wasn't sure that it was a safe place to use then I wouldn't recommend them on here. :thumbsup:

Anyone who does choose to use Vista Print and uses the links on here, can earn a small commission for the forum which goes towards Forum running costs. Vista Print (http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=888&a=1904267&g=19210880)

Like I say though, I would never put that above the security of members as you all mean too much to me :)

flowerpots
05-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I read all the posts and there were still people posting that say it happened to them in 2010.

But i feel reassurred and will go ahead and read EVERYTHING before i click ANYTHING. i will use the forum link pauline :thumbsup:

Monkey26
05-02-2011, 09:44 AM
We used vistaprint for all our wedding bits and pieces - invites, order of service, menu cards, thank you cards etc - and never had any problems! As soon as the wedding was over i unsubscribed from their daily emails, never had money taken from my account other than what i ordered! You can also paypal to pay now which is more secure :) x

TheBTeam
05-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I have been using vistaprint for a whole load of things for over 5 years and never had a problem but i was warned not to subscribe to the vistaprint rewards thing, but i have taken them up on their time limited offers made just after an order with no problem.

I just take no notice of the emails if i dont want to order anything.

kim-d
16-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I use vista print and just wait till they send a email saying alot of offers are free just the postage to pay then I gladly take them up on the offer.I have oerdered buisness cards oversized postcards which were fab car door magnets which are great and have had no probs at all. I must say I am careful wjat I click and never rush what I'm doing just in case.:thumbsup:

Bridey
17-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I've used Vistaprint about 5 years ago and got caught up in the scam. Luckily my bank kept getting my money back for me until they gave up.

In the last 6 months both my sister-in-law and I have used them for both personal and business printing and they have been truly fantastic ... business cards, advertising postcards, notebook, photo calendar, diary etc. I even got a free mug with my logo on - no problems at all :thumbsup:

bexcee
17-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I have used Vistaprint loads of times in the past five years and have never had a problem with them. I put things in my basket and then wait a couple of days and almost always they e-mail to remind me and offer me them for free :D postage is extra of course.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and recommend Pauline's link above for them ;)