PDA

View Full Version : Fittng mindee

aly
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
My 1 mindee {2} was due to come to me on friday 3-5...mum turned up at 2,30 :rolleyes: F was very clingy and you could see he didnt look well, only just coming on so maybe coming down with a cold etc, he just wouldnt come out of his shell, normally running around, so she decided to take him back home she would go into work late {dad comes home at 5}.

The next I hear on sunday was mindee was in an ambulance saturday as he had a very high temp, now they have said it is only a febrile ? convulsion. I've asked now if this is a permanent thing but she said not really but if his temp does go up they have told her to tell anyone that cares for him {ie me} to give calpol asthis will stabilise temp}..this is until he is 5 ish...now I know this is right as another friend of mine has the same with her 2 eldest children 3 & 1.5 yrs and they have told her exact same procedure with her kids nursery etc.

I did ask if she had some sort of letter etc I could have a copy so could go into his folder but she said no....what do I need to do?
Should I do a new child record form or just write a note about having calpol regularly and get mum to sign?

thanks.

LisaMcNally09
04-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Febrile convulsions are very common......my ds had them when he was tiny!!

I would just get mum to write a letter explaining that calpol can be given to stabalise temperature and get her to sign it. Its a medication that can be given over counter so i wouldnt have thought you need a doctors note.

Someone will correct me if im wrong:D

hth

beccas
04-02-2011, 09:45 PM
add it to child record form and just get here to sign saying what she told you.

aly
04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
thank you both..

:thumbsup:

x

tulip0803
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Also fill in a long term medication form with permission for the calpol stating as required when temperature raises and attatch it to the Mum's letter.

aly
05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Also fill in a long term medication form with permission for the calpol stating as required when temperature raises and attatch it to the Mum's letter.
ah yeah...thank you

x