PDA

View Full Version : charge for baby sign??

*donnalouise*
04-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I have my own DD aged 16mth and mindee aged 10mth. I was thinking about going to baby sign classes in the area. They cost £6 per session and its a 10wk course.

I am really keen on going - as already use some basic baby sign with my own DD - with great sucess!!! - she signs drink, food and bed

My question is would you ask parents to pay for this?? I really cant afford to pay for both of them :(

nic t
04-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Personally if it something that you want to do then I think that you would have to pay for it, others may disagree!

If the parent had requested that you enrol on this then I'd say that they should pay.

Have you tried your local surestart centre? Mine does a free 6 week course called sing and sign.

LisaMcNally09
04-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Personally I pay for all outings I wish to take mindees to but they go through my books as expenses so it works itself out. :D

miffy
04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
You could always ask the parent what they think. It's always tricky asking for money for things when it's something you want to do with your own children. But nothing wrong in asking - they may think it's a great idea and be willing to pay.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
04-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Personally if it something that you want to do then I think that you would have to pay for it, others may disagree!

If the parent had requested that you enrol on this then I'd say that they should pay.

Totally agree,.

However, as it hasn't started yet, you could always ask the parent if she'd like her baby to attend and if she'd be willing to contribute or pay. If she says no you'd have to make the decision of whether to go and pay or not go...

AnnieM
04-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I used to go to sing and sign classes, but ours only charged for one, so if I took 2 children with me it cost the same, have you asked at yours, I think it swayed her when she found out I was a childminder and might be good for repeat business. :laughing: If it was me that wanted to go though I would pay, I used to pay for tumble tots, sing and sign, caterpillar music etc., as it was my choice to take them, if parents asked me to take them somewhere in particular then that would be different. :thumbsup:

jo.jo76
04-02-2011, 10:26 PM
The baby sign class I take my daughter to charges per family, so it would be the same amount for 2 children as it is for 1. Contact the person that runs the classes and see what they say
Jo

clio0602
04-02-2011, 11:35 PM
I used to go to sing and sign classes, but ours only charged for one, so if I took 2 children with me it cost the same, have you asked at yours, I think it swayed her when she found out I was a childminder and might be good for repeat business. :laughing: If it was me that wanted to go though I would pay, I used to pay for tumble tots, sing and sign, caterpillar music etc., as it was my choice to take them, if parents asked me to take them somewhere in particular then that would be different. :thumbsup:

Me too! I used to take dd to sing and sign and took a mindee for free. I now go to pyjamadrama and the lady gave me a sibling discount for mindee so insead of it being £5 each its £4 each so effectively £3 extra I'm paying for mindee which isn't too bad as they love it. Maybe mention to parent with the cost and see what they say x

pinkbutterfly
04-02-2011, 11:56 PM
I know that for you as a parent this is great as your child will sign and you will understand. But ... mindee's parent won't be there at the classes so even if the child signs the parent won't know what she/he wants ...
I personally would go at another time just with my child but without the mindee.