PDA

View Full Version : Just been given a double pushchair

kel1983
04-02-2011, 12:38 PM
as the title says really.

Its a Maclaren Twin Techno which I have in the past tried out with a 21 month old and a 3 yer old in. I found it very heavy to push and kept kicking the middle wheel. But I suppose if its free I can't really turn it down. It will save me a bit of money for now.

I then remembered hearing about the problems with the dangerous hinges so I contacted Maclaren and they are sending me out the safety covers and possibly a new shoulder strap which its missing.

Has anyone had a good experience using one of these pushchairs.

mrs_scottydog
04-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I've got the Maclaren Twin Triumph, which I get on with. In saying that the only double that I have used previously was one my mum lent me so was heavy and over 12 years old! ( it was a Mamas and Papas).
I chose my Maclaren because I've got a single one that I love. My main problem with it is that I can't get in all the local shops because it's side by side. I also need a new raincover as my DS stretched his legs out and split it the first time I used it.
Would you mind letting me know contact details for Maclaren please? Hx

pinky33
04-02-2011, 06:12 PM
We have 2 of these and lve them, intact got the second off free cycle last week and it was brand new, rain cover head buggers and cozy toes. People generosity surprises me sometimes.
And to pay it forward tomorrow someone is taking our spare double bed only used twice.

I love a freebie

kel1983
04-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I've got the Maclaren Twin Triumph, which I get on with. In saying that the only double that I have used previously was one my mum lent me so was heavy and over 12 years old! ( it was a Mamas and Papas).
I chose my Maclaren because I've got a single one that I love. My main problem with it is that I can't get in all the local shops because it's side by side. I also need a new raincover as my DS stretched his legs out and split it the first time I used it.
Would you mind letting me know contact details for Maclaren please? Hx

I emailed advice@maclarenbaby.com. I got an instant reply.

marnieb
04-02-2011, 06:44 PM
We have 2 of these and lve them, intact got the second off free cycle last week and it was brand new, rain cover head buggers and cozy toes. People generosity surprises me sometimes.
And to pay it forward tomorrow someone is taking our spare double bed only used twice.

I love a freebie

ahhhh thank you i needed a laugh on a friday evening!!!!! :laughing:

pinky33
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Oh ha bl**dy ha ha lol.
I'm full of it tonight, my cat was just on the sofa and instead of saying bob stop willy lickin, I said stop lilly wickin.

I'm going out for cocktails tonight so my speach should improve.

onceinabluemoon
04-02-2011, 07:52 PM

I love a freebie

How the heck did that get through the swear/obscenity filter? :laughing: I write *** (correct term for clump of earth) and it gets starred out but bu**ers gets through, lmao!!

mrs_scottydog
04-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I emailed advice@maclarenbaby.com. I got an instant reply.

Thanks for that, I contacted them through a website a few months ago and the email was no longer valid. Still hadn't got round to finding a different website for them :blush: Hx