PDA

View Full Version : ncma contract help please

chels55
04-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Got a parent coming to see me this afternoon. She sounds lovely over the telephone and explained to me that she is actually doing a course(not working) and she is entitled to free childcare with a company called Genesis- (think its a welsh help u get back to work programme).

if it all goes well for me and we get to the contract stage who actually signs the fees part? Genesis will pay me direct not the parent. she did say that they are sending her forms out i will have to fill these forms in and send them off to them.

Pipsqueak
04-02-2011, 10:55 AM
generally the contract will be with the parent - so make it very clear to her that if Genesis fail to pay at any point they she the parent is ultimately responsible for payments.

You should get something to sign and asking for your details etc.

I would - when I return it to them send a copy of your fees and payments policy.

chels55
04-02-2011, 11:26 AM
thanks for the advice i will get parent to sign all as usual

manjay
04-02-2011, 12:13 PM
If I provide care through the Genesis project the the Genesis coordinator usually gets in touch with me diractly. Your contract will be with the parent and you won't have any problem with Genesis paying but as it will be from the local council you may have to wait for your payment.

chels55
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for that! so glad im aware that fees may take a while to pay! last year i had a deposit from the jobcentre which took them about 9 weeks for them to pay- the job was only tempory and the mother had left work before i actually had the money :panic: