PDA

View Full Version : launchpad

spowage
04-02-2011, 10:27 AM
hi is anybody else doing the lauchpad on here or is it just suusex childminders???need to crack on with mine so many modules!!! but its meant to help us all. karen

samb
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
I haven't heard of it (surrey). Sounds interesting?

spowage
04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
its meant to help us with ofsteds inspections. its 5 modules and a group of childminders down our way are trying to get it done together ,there are 6 modules being healthy,staying safe, enjoy and achieve,makng a positive contibution,management and organisation,supporting documents. so this should keep us busy for a while. it was the childminder development worker that encouraged us all to do this, ring your local council and find out if they are doing it in your area.(if the cut backs havent stopped it !)

samb
04-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Ah ok - we have just had something introduced which is probably the same - Quality Improvement Toolkit. I have just received mine today. It is meant to take 12 months to complete and then after you can apply to do the Quality Improvement Award. Ours is also split into the areas. I guess it is the same sort of thing. It does look like a lot of work - I have only read through introduction. Although it is a good tool to make you think about what you do and why and try to get feedback from children and parents too - although mine are not very forth coming with feedback. Good luck with yours

spowage
04-02-2011, 09:33 PM
just adds to all the other paperwork we are already doing!!!good luck with yours x

samb
04-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I actually quite like paperwork:o but I only have 2 children at the moment - 1 is 12.5 hours a week and other is 18 hours so in one sense I have time to do it but on the other hand I feel I really don't work enough to justify the paperwork. :panic: I am hoping for more children to go with my newly acquired paperwork! :rolleyes:

miffy
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh nooooooooo, I don't need any more paperwork, honestly I don't :panic:

Miffy xx

theplayroom
05-02-2011, 07:55 AM
ME! ME! :jump for joy:
Ive been looking for someone else whos doing it! Im finding it really hard to find time to actually do it (no spare days and too pooped in the eve!) When im doing it I enjoy it but I dread getting it all out only to be interupted 10 mins later, apparently its ment to be 1 module a month but im only just on the 2nd after 5 months :blush:
I think it is just in Sussex as a piolot scheme or something....Im in Seaford where abouts are you?

Sally

spowage
06-02-2011, 01:56 PM
im in peacehaven my kids go to school in seaford !!! ive done module 5 and the others are just scary lol our childminding group get together every 2 week s in the eves to get cracking on with it......does carly deal with you ???karen

cas2805
14-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi all. I just thought I would start a thread on the same thing. Ours (Sutton) is called the quality improvement award. Just one module 2. Can't believe how much photo copying I am doing, up and down the stairs about 20 times so far today and they are in batches rather than each certificate/ra :(

louise
14-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Launchpad rings a bell but I think its from something else when I help at school. I'm in West Sussex if that helps. I use to live in Seaford when I was little!

solly
14-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I am in West Sussex and haven't heard of it, at the moment with doing my E100 i don't want anything else to do