PDA

View Full Version : Sickness help please

caz3007
04-02-2011, 09:11 AM
My ds was sick in the night, a mindie was the night before, so know its the dreaded lurgy.

I have offered all my parents the choice to send their children, one is coming (no one else to collect child, and only here for about an hour) , one is not and one is trying to see what she can do.

My question is, do I refund the ones that don't come, I have given the choice and not technically closed?

Thanks

sarah707
04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I have sent a pm x

caz3007
04-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you Sarah. Will close now.

murphy61
04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
ive got a sick dd, been up all night with her.

ive cancelled my mindees for today, found a childminder friend with a space for today for 1 wont be charging anyone as i dont think its far for them to come. all my dd wants to do is cuddle up on sofa with me.

not sure how old your ds is my dd is 3

AliceK
04-02-2011, 10:24 AM
If anyone in your home has sickness or diareha (sp?) then you need to close. Safeguarding and Protecting childrens welfare states "The provider must promote the good health of the children, take necessary steps to prevent the spread of infection and take appropriate action when they are ill" You cannont leave it up to parents to decide whether to send their children. If their child comes and gets sick you wont then accept that child at the setting but presumably you will still charge for childs sickness. In this case you need to close and usually wouldn't charge as you cannot offer your service.

Hope your DD feels better soon and no-one else in your family comes down with it

xxxxx