PDA

View Full Version : Did they actually read my policies? Grr!

buzzy bee
04-02-2011, 08:06 AM
One of my mums ALWAYS sends her 2 yr old with his own snacks - chocolates, crisps etc. Even though it says in my healthy eating policy not to do this.

Also, she never asks LO to take his shoes off, and I have a big battle every time. This morning he was sat on my sofa with his shoes on, so I said to him 'Let's take your shoes off' and he kicked off massively. She did step in and help but I bet she was thinking what a meanie I was for upsetting him!

Sorry just had to get that off my chest!

Pipsqueak
04-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Newsletter time and get her to sign to say she has received it.

Failing that is a blunt - please stop sending these type of snacks and please take shoes of in my house.

Period

sarah707
04-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Update your policies this weekend and provide a new copy on Monday morning...

Put a big sign up next to your entrance door... please remove your shoes!

Provide a mat or rack and ask parents to take their shoes off as well if they come into the house.

Write what you are intending to happen from Monday into the policy. It will become a habit for them within a week or so.

If a child kicks you write it up as an incident and ask parents to sign. If it happens more than once speak to parents about behaviour management - it is not acceptable to be hurt.

Return any inappropriate food and offer the child a piece of fruit instead. Bill parents for the snack - every time until they start sending appropriate food.

Hth :D