PDA

View Full Version : Business Name Advice

phoebe-alice
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi there I've been thinking for a while about getting a business name? I've not really thought of too many as yet but just wondered how you go about getting one and if you have to inform anyone or contact anybody.
I have no real clue, so any advise would be great. :blush:
Also does anyone find by having a business name improves business or just gives the identity of the service you provide? :) Any feedback would be great.

mama2three
04-02-2011, 08:01 AM
I decided to use a business name as I didnt want my own name and telephone number on the car and other advertising. It can identify what kind of service you offer - we are out exploring the forest etc - and little explorers seemed to fit. It can also be good for defining which area you are in etc. It does look professional on paperwork too. So a few positives but overall it hasnt affected my business levels or service so wasnt essential. I didnt inform anyone , just checked I wasnt using anyone locals name , or the name of a major nursery chain etc.

sarah707
04-02-2011, 08:06 AM
I chose mine because nobody else in town had a name and I thought it would be good for advertising / Google hits.

Now if you put my town and childminder into Google I come up which is great for business.

it's also useful when you are filling in online forms as lots of them have a box for company name.

You don't have to tell anyone or register it, you can just use it for advertising. :D

phoebe-alice
04-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Thank you for all your information it has helped a lot.
I had imagined that you would have to inform the tax office & national insurance or SCMA & Care Commission but that makes it a lot easier not having to worry about that.
All the names I seem to be coming up with are already taken though so this may take some time to figure out and make a logo hehe.
But in no rush anyway. :)

WibbleWobble
04-02-2011, 01:17 PM
i am called Seedlings and my logo is a tree. Chose this cos we have an allotment etc.

my website is called crewechildminder.com...

this is a rip off from Sarah707s website address...sorry sarah, but as we dont live that close i thought it would be ok..

it is isnt is Sarah!:p

mandy xx