PDA

View Full Version : ICP

homeeducator
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
I have yet to do the ICP course but it does not yet appear to be running in my area. Can anyone tell me if you are able to do it online and at what cost please??

Janette xx

jumpinjen
03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Have you spoken to your early years team and asked them to refer you to aneighbouring area to do it?

Also, don't know if this is allowed, hopefully someone in the know will come on and say yes or no, but can you skip the ICP and start an NVQ 3 or 4 instead? there is a new course recently that is supposed to be an umbrella over all early years workers.... again, perhaps EY could advise you.... ours have a training and qualifications officer.

jen x

mummyMia
05-02-2011, 11:49 AM
The ICP course is being fased out and there is a new course. It is called CYPOP5 "Understand how to set up a home-based child care servive". It forms part of the new level 3 diploma for the children and young people's workforce. I was told by my council that it is better to do the new course because if you decide to do the full level 3 diploma later on the new course will count towards it. I did mine through MNT training via distance learning in December. Just google for them. Their website is a bit confusing but if you call them they are quite helpful. They sent me a booklet to read through and a written assessment to complete. I had 4 weeks to complete it in. I can't remeber the exact cost but I think it was about £120. I think the ncma also does the same course via distance learning so you could give them a call too.