PDA

View Full Version : have twins starting soon

Shirlwith3
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Like above says I wll have twins starting soon, they 8 month old but are behind as they born 3 months early one might have brain damage or even Cerebral palsy which I thik he has after mum discribed some sympton which were the same as lo I used to mind who got diagnosed just after he left me to return to Scotland. Mum has sadi if he does have she will leave work & care for them both instead.
But I am happy to have a slight increase of wage.

Mrs Pootle
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Good luck with the twins,:) You are very brave, I don't think I'd like to take on twins at that age. One baby at a time is enough hard work for me :laughing:

rachelle
03-02-2011, 08:36 PM
How exciting! I have twins (my own!) and they were 3 months prem - and 1 does have cerebral palsy - 8 months is a gorgeous age though and until they are a bit older the medics with just take 3 months off their age to measure progress etc. Mine sat at a year, crawled at 16-18 months and walked at 26 months. Have fun -I loved the fun at that age!:)

miffy
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Good luck, hope both babies are OK.

Miffy xx

honey
04-02-2011, 11:53 AM
i have had twins start this week on their settling in for 2 hrs. and OMG u never sit down lol they are asleep now they are 6 months old

mufftie
04-02-2011, 12:22 PM
i didnt have twins but had 2 babies at the same time who were the same age 6 months when started , and yes omg it is such hard work , i just dont sit down , theyre both just 15 months now and its still hard work , dont think i would do it again tbh theres a reason why ofsted dosnt allow 2 under 1's usually and now i know why !

onceinabluemoon
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Hows it going Shirl?

Shirlwith3
06-02-2011, 09:00 AM
they start their settling sessons tomorrow for 1hr 1/2 2hrs on Wed morning, oh what is nice they are time time only :clapping: & mum also wants to up their hours so that she can get help from Tax credits as hours were under 16hrs.
Got my triple pushchair out of shed yesterday so is ready for tomorrow as mum is meeting me at school to make sure she can get to meet me on time at the school.

The Juggler
06-02-2011, 09:15 AM
good luck shirl. I've never had twins either - had lots of pairs of babies of the same age but I imagine twins are a different kettle of fish as you have all the twin connections/attachment and sibling stuff going on too.

onceinabluemoon
06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I'll be thinking of you :)

leggy
06-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Hope it goes well for you, i have had 4 sets of twins during my time minding and enjoyed every minute of it, yes its hard work but so rewarding and if mum has got them in a good routine that will be all the better for you. Hardest part not being able to cuddle 2 at once when feeding! and 2 sets of mine were identical! mum dressed them exactly the same and even the dad of one set didnt know who was who!

Have fun. :jump for joy: