PDA

View Full Version : How long?

sarahlm157
03-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi I am going on a childminders briefing meeting on the 25th March and was wondering how long it took from this point up to where I am ready to advertise for children. There are some dates sooner than this but that date is the nearest to me.
Many thanks
Sarah

TinyTinker
03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I think all areas are different, but I sent my applications to ofsted first week of August and had my ICP course in September and was registered in November. I advertised from August that I was planning to take children in january. I didn't get any enquiries until i was registered though. I was full by the end of December:eek:

sarah707
03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
It depends where you live!

In East Cheshire you do a 12 week course... then your Ofsted and CRB forms go off... then Ofsted visit usually within a couple of weeks.

CRB and medical checks can take a further 2 / 3 months ... then you wait for your Ofsted certificate and insurance.

That's probably worst case scenario but gives you an idea.

Good luck! :D

AliceK
03-02-2011, 08:22 PM
From when I started my course until I received my certificate took me 8 mths :eek:

xxxx

jane5
03-02-2011, 11:35 PM
I live in Cheshire and did a 10 week course. At the end of the course we were told that we could have applied for the paper work and sent that off (which then takes about another 12 weeks) at the start of the course :angry:

If you want to do it quickly ask at the start of the course where to get the application pack for ofsted from. (this may sound daft but we didn't apply to ofsted for it:blush: )

Lorraine B
04-02-2011, 08:08 AM
I had my first briefing last may and was registered in November :)
It felt like forever
Good luck with it all :)

Lorraine xxx

mrs_scottydog
04-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I had my first briefing session in October, as course had already started I had to wait until January to start it. I finally had my pre reg visit from Ofsted end of June, then send off CRB forms. I finally registered mid August. Hx

mrsbonnet
04-02-2011, 09:44 AM
I hadn't realised I could have applied and been childminding before the ICP course, as long as I had been to the pre-reg briefing session. Most of the people on my ICP course were already registered and minding.

Talk to the person running the pre-reg if you want to start sooner.