PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury's ActivKids

maisiemog
02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Had my activkids stuff arrive from sainsburys today! Wasn't expecting it at all!!! Thought after all the palava last yr about minders registering I wouldn't so all good!!

Anybody else got there one yet??? Can start collecting the vouchers next weds (9th Feb!)

Mookins
02-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Had my activkids stuff arrive from sainsburys today! Wasn't expecting it at all!!! Thought after all the palava last yr about minders registering I wouldn't so all good!!

Anybody else got there one yet??? Can start collecting the vouchers next weds (9th Feb!)

oooh im gonna text all friends and family to help me out...we are soo discriminated against it unreal grrr

xxx

solly
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Mine arrived last Friday:clapping:

jane5
02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I have just registered so I dont know about this, can any body fill me in?

Mouse
02-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I had my pack arrive last week. Last year I collected for other minders in my cm group. They collected their tokens & I put the order in for them. Saved them having to mess around with trying to register.

Beetlejuice
02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Yes I got mine last week too :clapping:

Jane - we can collect the Sainsburys Active Kids vouchers for free equipment for our settings. It can be a bit of a battle with them to register us as they weren't keen on childminder's registering last year but some of us managed it. I got about 800 vouchers last year which got me a few nice bits for my children. You can register for the Tesco scheme too - I did really well with those last year.

PixiePetal
02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I have been shopping with them online for a while now - if they don't let me register this year - I will shop online with Tesco (who I AM registered with :rolleyes: )

jane5
02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Yes I got mine last week too :clapping:

Jane - we can collect the Sainsburys Active Kids vouchers for free equipment for our settings. It can be a bit of a battle with them to register us as they weren't keen on childminder's registering last year but some of us managed it. I got about 800 vouchers last year which got me a few nice bits for my children. You can register for the Tesco scheme too - I did really well with those last year.

Thanks Beetlejuice, I will look into this:thumbsup:

FizzWizz
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I just rang them as there is no option for childminders to register on their website but they were fine about it - just asked me how many children I look after and said that vouchers would be in the shops from 9th Feb!

samb
02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Wow that would be great to get bits from those too. I will look into them both. What sort of things did you get? Do you choose depending on how many tokens you get? Not sure if I would get many but worth a try?

miffy
02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow that would be great to get bits from those too. I will look into them both. What sort of things did you get? Do you choose depending on how many tokens you get? Not sure if I would get many but worth a try?

They send you a catalogue, some of the stuff you need thousands of vouchers for but there is lots that you only need a small amount so worth doing. Even if you don't get many you can "bank" them for the following years scheme.

Tesco's has more choice but both schemes are worth doing.

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I had a huge box arrive with all sorts in.... one family brought me them last year but i thought that most of the equipment was aimed at schools and preferred the tesco scheme with lots to choose from and we;ve been banking empty print cartridges with tesco all year too..... 10 vouchers per cartridge from the list, must've collected about another 180 vouchers ready for this year!

jen x

georgie456
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
If you look at ActiveKids online there are so many more resources that are not in the catalogue and are very cheap!!! I got SO much for my 900 vouchers last year!

Mrs Pootle
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Tesco is my nearest supermarket (& the one my parents are likely to use), so I have just phoned them and registered for their schools & clubs scheme.
Really easy to do, and the pack should be with me next week. :)

judisteve
03-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Sainsburys wouldn't let me register but I got my Tesco pack this morning!!!

SamBaker
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
I have registered today with Sainsbury's no problem at all, can't wait for my pack!! :clapping:

Newbie1!
03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I didnt know we could do this and despite the fact that this is going to sound dead sad.....I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

However, could someone please tell me how to register for both Tesco and Sainsburys please!!! :panic: :panic: :blush:

SamBaker
03-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I didnt know we could do this and despite the fact that this is going to sound dead sad.....I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

However, could someone please tell me how to register for both Tesco and Sainsburys please!!! :panic: :panic: :blush:

It is quite exciting isn't it. Type in activekids or tesco schools in google and then ring the registration numbers on the sites and they will register you :clapping:

Newbie1!
04-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Woooohoooo registered with both today and have been able to go onto Tesco and print off a poster saying Im collecting as well as letterheads etc. It says on my Sainsburys email that I can do this on their site too but cant find where to do it, could anyone give me any pointers pls?? xxx

SamBaker
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Woooohoooo registered with both today and have been able to go onto Tesco and print off a poster saying Im collecting as well as letterheads etc. It says on my Sainsburys email that I can do this on their site too but cant find where to do it, could anyone give me any pointers pls?? xxx

Well done!:clapping: I think they will send it to you in the post, well that's what they said to me.

Newbie1!
06-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Well done!:clapping: I think they will send it to you in the post, well that's what they said to me.

Oh ok, thanks chick, will have to be patient then I guess :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SamBaker
06-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Oh ok, thanks chick, will have to be patient then I guess :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know, it's quite exciting when you start getting things through isn't it, have you done the potato one yet? I got my seed spuds through last week, can't wait to tell my tiddlies next week. If you havn't I'll find the website for you.

Newbie1!
06-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I know, it's quite exciting when you start getting things through isn't it, have you done the potato one yet? I got my seed spuds through last week, can't wait to tell my tiddlies next week. If you havn't I'll find the website for you.

Yeah, did it about a week/10 days ago thank you, but it did say when Id done it "thank you for registering for 2012" so not sure if I'll get them this year or next!!!

SamBaker
06-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, did it about a week/10 days ago thank you, but it did say when Id done it "thank you for registering for 2012" so not sure if I'll get them this year or next!!!

Oh. well I hope you get them this year!!!

samb
09-02-2011, 11:45 AM
I have just signed up to Tesco and Sainsburys. :clapping: I love freebies and I think it's a good way of "working in partnership with parents" and in the wider community. Both really easy to sign up. I just rang the number ffrom the websites and they signed me up. Thanks for bringing this to light as I wouldn't have thought we could sign up for things like this. :)

It's a small world
14-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Do we have to phone them to register as it doesnt state childminders ???

Newbie1!
14-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, u just have to ring and they do it over the phone, only takes 2 mins xx

miffy
14-02-2011, 09:46 PM
It's good if Sainsburys are registering childminders again - last year some members had lots of trouble registering and some didn't manage to at all.

Good luck with the collecting!

Miffy xx

It's a small world
15-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Just registered with them :clapping: Lady was really helpful saying that yes childminders are allowed to join this year.. Letters and posters going to parents and family and hopefully with this and tescos I should get some nice resources for my settings :clapping: Said probably wont get pack till March though..

HomefromHome
15-02-2011, 01:24 PM
the woman was so snotty when i tried to register last year i wont even bother this year - quite happy with tesco (2 yrs registered now) and haven. :D

It's a small world
15-02-2011, 01:27 PM
the woman was so snotty when i tried to register last year i wont even bother this year - quite happy with tesco (2 yrs registered now) and haven. :D

I just got told that they accept cms this year so we should get a better reception. I actually do both even if I only get a small number of vouchers every little helps :blush:

HomefromHome
15-02-2011, 01:29 PM
I just got told that they accept cms this year so we should get a better reception. I actually do both even if I only get a small number of vouchers every little helps :blush:

lol but looks like you're a tesco person mainly though!!!;)

Newbie1!
15-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Could you lovelies give me an idea of how you are getting the vouchers, bringing it to parents attention etc. All my parents are the not bothered sort so I know that I wont get any from them but Id wondered about putting a note through a few of my neighbours doors - I know that loads and loads of people either say they dont want them or do take them but never give them to anyone and they get thrown away - just wondered if anyone had any unique ideas to get more vouchers in :laughing: :laughing:

marnieb
15-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks for this - While the littlies are asleep I just registered with both Tesco and sainsburys, no bother at all took about 2 minutes!!!

It's a small world
15-02-2011, 05:02 PM
lol but looks like you're a tesco person mainly though!!!;)

oooh I never thought of that :blush:

The lady said you would get posters / banners /letters for parents etc. So if they shop at Sainsburys or Tescos checkout girls will ask if they want them ..doesnt cost much to say yes and keep them for you. Ive also asked family and friends. An old school friend got in touch with me last year through fb noticed I was a cm and asked if I collected vouchers... shes collecting them and sending them to me :blush: Lost touch after school and only got in touch again through FB ... bless her shes collecting both for me too...

georgie456
15-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Could you lovelies give me an idea of how you are getting the vouchers, bringing it to parents attention etc. All my parents are the not bothered sort so I know that I wont get any from them but Id wondered about putting a note through a few of my neighbours doors - I know that loads and loads of people either say they dont want them or do take them but never give them to anyone and they get thrown away - just wondered if anyone had any unique ideas to get more vouchers in :laughing: :laughing:

I use the letters that are on the activekids website - you can amend them to suit your setting. I sent mine out last week.
I also get DH and mindees parents to ask their colleagues and I also send out a private message to all my facebook friends asking!!!! I'll beg to anyone me!!!
Doing this helped get over a 1000 vouchers last year so worth asking EVERYONE!
Also, one of my friends went into Sainsburys last year on the evening the scheme finished and asked the manager if they would like to donate any leftover vouchers. She was given a huge bag full of unused books of vouchers!!!! I shall be doing the same this year!

Newbie1!
15-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I use the letters that are on the activekids website - you can amend them to suit your setting. I sent mine out last week.
I also get DH and mindees parents to ask their colleagues and I also send out a private message to all my facebook friends asking!!!! I'll beg to anyone me!!!
Doing this helped get over a 1000 vouchers last year so worth asking EVERYONE!
Also, one of my friends went into Sainsburys last year on the evening the scheme finished and asked the manager if they would like to donate any leftover vouchers. She was given a huge bag full of unused books of vouchers!!!! I shall be doing the same this year!

Georgie - please please can you post a link for the letters - Ive been trying to find them and cant :panic: :panic: :panic:

georgie456
15-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Georgie - please please can you post a link for the letters - Ive been trying to find them and cant :panic: :panic: :panic:

You have to log into your account to access them so I don't think a link would work.
If you log in, when you get to your homepage, scroll down and click on Use The Toolkit (under 'get your community involved') there are a few different letter options.
If you still can't get to them, pm me your email addy and I'll attempt to send them over to you!

Newbie1!
15-02-2011, 09:23 PM
You have to log into your account to access them so I don't think a link would work.
If you log in, when you get to your homepage, scroll down and click on Use The Toolkit (under 'get your community involved') there are a few different letter options.
If you still can't get to them, pm me your email addy and I'll attempt to send them over to you!

Thank you! Its appeared now, I think I may have tried to log on too early before as those options were showing up last time I tried....woooo hoooo off to Sainsburys for my "big shop" this weekend :laughing: :laughing:

MaryMary
16-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Just registered for Sainsburys on the phone :D Just need to do Tescos aswell and I am all set :laughing:
Thanks for telling me guys - it is not well known that cm's can do this aswell. Someone mentioned it last year, but said it had been a palava (sp?) registereing, and then I forgot all about it :o
I am off to facebook now to tell all my friends that I want their vouchers!! :thumbsup:

Newbie1!
16-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Just registered for Sainsburys on the phone :D Just need to do Tescos aswell and I am all set :laughing:
Thanks for telling me guys - it is not well known that cm's can do this aswell. Someone mentioned it last year, but said it had been a palava (sp?) registereing, and then I forgot all about it :o
I am off to facebook now to tell all my friends that I want their vouchers!! :thumbsup:

^^^ Have just done exactly that - Ive begged, and offered all sorts!! :blush:

Flisspaps
25-02-2011, 10:34 AM
CMs can definitely register with Sainsbury's - I have an email from them to confirm it.

Email address: Consumer.Services@SainsburysActiveKids.co.uk

You will be happy to know that childminders can register for the Active Kids scheme, simply fill in the details listed below and send it back to us or give the team a call on 0844 415 8440.

Your Full Name:

Full Address:
Telephone Number:
Number of young people in your care:

E-mail Address:

Desired User Name:

Desired Password:

Kind Regards

Sainsbury’s Active Kids team

Andrea08
25-02-2011, 12:56 PM
hi just registered for active kids 2011 and got till end of May to save up vouchers :) but had to ring the help line to register as a chidminder but thats ok..

lets get saving ... but wow you need loads just for one thing...