PDA

View Full Version : urgent advice needed please!!

amyk
18-04-2008, 08:07 PM
hi there,

my name's Amy and ive been a registered childminder since january.
Ive been emailing and chatting to a prospective parent today, we got on very well and she was interested in coming to see my setting and hopefully coming to an arrangement. However...
the younger of the 2 children she needs minded is only 10months old, and on my registration certificate it says i am only allowed to care for children over 1 years old. But because the parent is really interested/and vice verca, i called ofsted today and the callcentre told me that i can apply to have my child ratio changed to fit under 1's, however i have to put it in writing, and to include a risk assessment detailing how i can show i can provide adequate care for an under one. (i have a 14month old myself so have all the relevant safety equipment/baby equipment etc etc)

Is there anybody out there that has been in the same situation and can tell me how difficult/lengthy the procedure was to get your certificate changed? as im thinking that if its too much of a long winded and difficult lengthy process, that i may just leave it.

any advice would be so greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Amy

flora
18-04-2008, 08:11 PM
:) I have pm'd you

Welcome to the forum,

don't forget to pop in and " say hello"

manjay
18-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Is there a reason you can't have under 1's? Was you own child in this age group when you were registered?

amyk
18-04-2008, 08:15 PM
hi flora, thanks. i can only see a welcome message there! (i only just registered onto the forum!) x

manjay- yes, my baby (now 14months) was 9 months when the ofsted inspector came in november! so i can understand why it was done, but now she is over 1 i am hoping that they will be kind!! x

flora
18-04-2008, 08:17 PM
it will get there :)

Blaze
18-04-2008, 08:19 PM
If your child is now over one...you simply need to right to OFSTED & ask them to reasjust your reg certificate to allow for your own childs change in age group...usually takes a couple of weeks to come through.
Blaze:)

avril
18-04-2008, 08:21 PM
I had my registration changed no questions asked once my own child was 1yrs old but just had to put it in writing but not with a risk assessment and I faxed it to ofsted so it all happened quicker. So fingers crossed they should change it no problem! :thumbsup:

Avril x:)

amyk
18-04-2008, 08:23 PM
flora, got your PM, many many thanks!

blaze- thankyou very much for the info, it sounds like it shouldnt be too much fuss then, i think i will do it, even if i dont manage to sort something out with the current prospective parent, i guess its good to have it changed anyway really isnt it, so that i can be available to the next parent who may call with an under 1!

amyk
18-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I had my registration changed no questions asked once my own child was 1yrs old but just had to put it in writing but not with a risk assessment and I faxed it to ofsted so it all happened quicker. So fingers crossed they should change it no problem! :thumbsup:

Avril x:)

excelllent avril many thanks!
im going to call them tomorrow and ask if i can fax my letter over then, thanks alot! :)

Blaze
18-04-2008, 08:25 PM
No problem...what you were advised by the call centre is for a variation...ie if your LO was still under 1 & you wanted to take on another under 1.
Blaze:)

amyk
18-04-2008, 08:38 PM
thanks blaze.
the lady i spoke to did sound a bit dippy! i had to spell things out to her over and over! and i did make it clear what i was enquiring about, she kept putting me on hold to check the procedure!
i did try and get through to the OFSTED inspector who did my pre-reg, but she was out of office. i may call her again tomorrow just so she can confirm it all

angeldelight
18-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Hope you get it sorted

Good luck

Angel xx

Twinkles
18-04-2008, 11:59 PM
thanks blaze.
the lady i spoke to did sound a bit dippy! i had to spell things out to her over and over! and i did make it clear what i was enquiring about, she kept putting me on hold to check the procedure!
i did try and get through to the OFSTED inspector who did my pre-reg, but she was out of office. i may call her again tomorrow just so she can confirm it all

OFSTED dippy !!:eek: surely not