PDA

View Full Version : What do some people want:

DAWN44
02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I am a new childminder, registered Dec. I am struggling to get children.
I have a lovely baby mindee adhoc care.

Anyway, had an enquiry for 2 young children. Mum very eager to come round. Spent all weekend tidying up, checking paperwork etc.

Mum comes round, kids loved me, really relaxed etc, I have nvq 3 and done lots of other courses.

End of visit , she mumbles I will let you know. I know its early days, but does anyone else get frustrated with this. It was only Monday so, maybe she will get back to me. ( I sound really unreasonable ha ha ).

Just struggling with waiting for phone calls, and never knowing what will happen.

Will I ever get any children . AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh.

Sorry everyone, moan over x:(

JCrakers
02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Its frustrating isnt it...you can only do your best though.

I'm the sort of person who likes thing to happen NOW so I hate the waiting..

I have a full time space at the moment and I am waiting for the phone to ring..it rang the other day and I thought..YES..but parent wanted after sch care from Sept :(

Hopefully she will ring soon and let you know
Becky x

Tinglesnark
02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
i know! drives you potty! it always happens to me too! I am waiting to hear back from an incredibly eager mum that i met of Friday. she went so far as to say "yes, you are 'the one' and i will call you after I've spoken to my husband" she was winking and all sorts but I've not heard back yet. Could be various reasons but it has been my sad experience that it is because they aren't really feeling you and are on the look out for other options OR they just cant say no to your face.
I text this lady to ask if she had made a decision and she hasn't replied so i am assuming that her decision is a big fat NO

and i am moving on :rolleyes:

We aren't worth informing, remember this isn't a real job...we just sit and drink coffee all day, watching jezza kyle and so don't actually deserve the same respect awarded to other people...:rolleyes:

good luck, something will come up!

:thumbsup:

DAWN44
02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks for your replies. I feel a bit better knowing I am not the only one ( sorry lol).

Good luck with lady from friday, hopefully she will get back to you today.
Maybe I expect too much, I would at least text and let people know.

It is making me doubt myself, but I know I am good with baby I have, and mum very pleased with care he gets. shame she only needs me once or twice a week.

If I dont get someone soon, I will be watching jeremy kyle and drinking coffee all day all alone.

I have my development officer round tomorrow, perhaps she has some ideas. x

Ripeberry
02-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I had one lined up last week, lovely mum, lovely child she even said she wanted me but had to see one other CM the next day.

Hear from her a couple of days later and she said that she is going with the other CM because the little girl knows another little girl already at the CM, but these children are 11 months old!
Kids don't really make 'friends' until almost 2yrs old :rolleyes:

Never mind.......next !

jane5
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
It kind of takes over your life:rolleyes:

I registered in December as well and have my dd and nephew full time and mindee starting next week, 2 full days.

I have had lots of enquiries but find that lots of people enquire months ahead and pretend to be really interested but then dont follow up.

They are just seeing what is available and costs ect... but I would rather they are honest and say they are looking at all their options instead of saying "I will speak to dh to see which day he is available to visit" and then just not get back to you:angry:

Every phone call I dont recognise I get really excited then it turns out to be some one selling stuff:rolleyes:

Hope you get some lo's soon:thumbsup:

DAWN44
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM
lady has got back to me now. Left me a message.

She said I was lovely with her children , but my dog put her off.

I told her before the visit about my elderly dog that sleeps all day away from the children, and she said a dog would not be a problem:rolleyes:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh.

Never mind, had a lovely compliment from my mindee babies mum tonight, which I am really chuffed with. So it's that lady's loss. x

mushpea
03-02-2011, 07:06 AM
I dont hold spaces for people who have visited nor do i wait by the phone anymore,, if its gonna happen it will happen,, i cant force people to like me so i dont worry about it anymore,,,,
i had one lady come to see me monday who said she would let me know next week and i have another coming to me monday who wants the same days,,, first come first serve or maybe they both wont want me who knows!

Cammie Doodle
03-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Yes it does get me :angry: I had a lady call and tell me she wanted me to mind her 2 wonderful children (who in her words I would adore ) We were having to do a shuffle around to accomodate, we said we would do it :rolleyes: Well its now 4 weeks and she has not come back to us, mind you it was all going well until the cost was mentioned, maybe she thought a 2yrs old and a 1yr old did not have to pay :D Silly me what was I thinking charging the poor girl . Will I ever learn ?

jane5
03-02-2011, 09:54 AM
at least she phoned to let you know.

The right ones will come along :thumbsup: