PDA

View Full Version : Knackered and annoyed

Gherkin
18-04-2008, 08:00 PM
So last night I was just knackered but tonight I am knackered and peed off.
Mum of the 20 month old I had from 4pm-8pm last night rang this morning to tell me that I had over stimulated her daughter. She was over tired when she got home and then woke up for 3 hours in the nigth and didn't sleep in this morning to make up for it. She told me I need to keep everything calmer for her daughter. Personally I have did nothing different last night than all the other nights I have had her. 4-5 tea, 5-6.30 playing, 6.30-7.15 I am getting my children ready and into bed, 7.15-8 snack and calm talking time as mother want the child to learn English.

Do I put this on a complaint form? The early years team are getting back to me.

Half thinking about ending the contract as it is disruptive to my family life and this is a mum who last week did not turn up and then didn't contact me till 2pm next day to say they were poorly with colds (I'd left 3 messages checking everything was ok).

She also never brigns the diary I gave her back to me to write in and is always late to drop off and pick up and always quibbles the bill and I am anally retentive about making sure my bills are right.

Really peed off and it ruined my day as the call came at 8.30 this morning.

fionamal
18-04-2008, 08:03 PM
What does she expect you to be doing with her.

Plonked infront of telly all day

Some parents!

crazybones
18-04-2008, 08:18 PM
I dont blame you being annnoyed. There could be any number of reasons she was awake in the night. It really must be hard working until that time with a lo I dont envy you.

chubbymummy
18-04-2008, 08:22 PM
oh yes you can be annoyed

before you terminate contract ask yourself if you need the money more than you don't need it

don't let this put you off

i always says childminding would be great if it wasn't for the parents....lol

flora
18-04-2008, 08:22 PM
There could be 101 reasons that she woke up!!! Why should it be you??

Silly woman. She sounds a pain. Not what you need when you are tired. Sending you a big restorative hug xx

Alibali
18-04-2008, 08:23 PM
No wonder you're annoyed, you have been so accomodating to these parents, and yet still get petty complaints like this. I think sometimes parents do this because they feel guilty at leaving their child for so long, and feel this is how they can control things.

We all know you do a great job, keep your chin up.

Ali :)

avril
18-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Maybe note it on an inccident form and request the parent sign this.Then ask what does she expect as this time of night is busy busy getting your own family's tea, settled ready for bed maybe she would feel alternative child care maybe better herself.:(

Avril x:)

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry but it 9.34 p.m on a friday night so I am going to say what a cheeky mare! I think you must be a saint to even consider having a lo till that time! Some parents! AAARRRGGGHHH :angry:

Angela xx

angeldelight
18-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I think she has a cheek to be honest blaming you

Not many minders would work those hours

I would have a chat with her then if she is not happy ask her if she would like to find another minder - it might shut her up but if you want her to go anyway and she chooses someone else at least you will get rid of her

Good luck

Have a nice weekend

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
19-04-2008, 07:54 AM
What a cheeky woman! Doesn't matter what we (minders) do - we are always at fault one way or another! Don't accept the blame - have a chat with her and point out that there aren't many minders who will work the hours you are to start with. Good advice already given.

No don't do a complaints form but as already said make a note of what mum and you have said! (My new mantra is record record record everything lol).

Cheeky person (I was searching for a suitable word there!) .:censored:

miss muffit
19-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Oh what a shame...didnt mummy get her lie in then?!!!! :(
How inconsiderate of HER 20 month old !!!

my oh my who do these parent think they are!!!
As already said she should be Lucky she has you, cheeky ruddy :censored:

If you don't need the money tell her to :censored: off!!!

angeldelight
19-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Hope you are feeling better today

Have a nice weekend

Angel xxx

Rubybubbles
19-04-2008, 10:00 AM
she is soo lucky you work those hours

hope you get soemthing sorted I would have steam coming out of my ears to!!

at 20 months old I think the mum is just feeling guilty and looking for someone to blame

Fandangles
19-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I think I would smile sweetly and say I'm sorry your child seems to find my house too stimulating. Perhaps he might be better off with a minder with no children..... (said in a kind of being helpful voice).

I doubt she would find someone else to do this that easily and might react differently if she feels that her child might lose this place if she complains too much.

If I'm being charitable (which isn't a normal occurrence!), I might suggest that she could just be being crabby due to lack of sleep and didn't really mean it.

haribo
19-04-2008, 06:23 PM
i had something similar last week, been out to a lovely park with animals and had a great time. took the buggy so lo could fall asleep on way home, but he didnt . then had school run so he didnt nap all day. when told dad he hadnt slept but would prob just go down earlier, his face fell! he said but he needs good 2 hours or we cant do anything with him at night! i nearly said something but didnt, but thought well am i meant to be in all afternoon no matter what? bit my tongue but if i plan another day out i will ask if he can come along even if it means he doesnt nap ? lol the things we have to put up with! at least we can come here and moan ! xx

mum22
19-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Hope you feel better -
I have a 20 mth old and as any one who has had children knows any number of reasons makes them wake up - my dd did not want to nap today kept getting out of bed and singing at baby gate - so we went for a long walk to give her some fresh air - 7pm bed time not a chance - has only just with a big sigh let go of baby gate and stomped into bed - will she wake in the night - who knows eh !

they are very lucky to have you - i couldn't imagine working till 8pm - i just about manage till 6.30pm

x Helen

Gherkin
19-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Thank you all. I am feeling a tad more human tonight but am still narked about the situation. The lady from the local Childcare services team is ringing me back on monday with further advice on what to do and am doing bills for May tomorrow to see where I am and then I am going to make a decision. Don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face though.

Up side is I have a dad visiting tomorrow for 2 to 3 saturdays a month for his 6 yr old girl so will see how that goes.

Ta all.

Claire xx