PDA

View Full Version : Tax Credit

deb24
18-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know if Childminders are entilted to get tax credit

oakie dokie
18-12-2007, 01:39 PM
yes i think so, i have heard that if your own children are taking up your spaces, you can get your childcare costs if you use a registered childcare provider. i have thought about doing that with another childminder to free up my spaces and fill hers and all paid by the goverment! never tried it though, oh and i have hers, if you see what i mean, fills my spaces too. we just swap kids.:idea:

hazelx

ps anyone else thought about this to fill spaces?

angeldelight
18-12-2007, 01:40 PM
If you are on a low income yes

You should be able to find some information on line

You can also apply on line

http://taxcredits.direct.gov.uk/?cids=Google_PPC&cre=Tax_Credits

Angel xx

sarah707
18-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't cope without my tax credits - I get child tax and working tax... You apply based on your annual income (after tax) and the number of hours you work. The less you earn, the more they top you up.

It is calculated on joint income (up to about £30k you still get something I think) and number of children you have (more children, more money). You get extra for single person's allowance (if that applies) plus more if you have a child who is registered disabled.

Hope this helps!

Mollymop
18-12-2007, 05:21 PM
I know that for child tax credit, (not working tax credit)you can earn up to £52k Per year combined with your partners wage. But Working tax credits I am not too sure about as I don't qualify.

Sandra XXX:)

Bev
18-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Well i get *** all in tax credits. My son is 6 next week and my partner works full time. Im earning roughly £25 a week just now but apparantly i have been over paid in tax credits so wont get any untill 2009. I have no faith in the system as ive been totally honest throughout giving them my earnings etc and they dont help me one bit. My partner earns roughly 16k so its not as if we are totally raking in it either.

sarah707
18-01-2008, 02:30 PM
They overpaid me by £10k about 4 years ago :D

Took it all back though :(

Isn't this country wonderful :laughing:

pebbles&bam-bam
25-06-2008, 10:55 AM
SAME HERE, ITS HAPPENED TWICE NOW, 2 LOTS OF OVERPAYMENTS TOTALLING ABOUT 8K!
THE STUPID THING IS..EVEN WHEN YOU CALL THEM AND SAY..NO HANG ON.THIS ISNT RIGHT THIS IS TO MUCH, THEY DONT STOP IT, THEY JUST OVERPAY YOU..AND THEN 18 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE SEND U A LETTER SAYING YOU OWE THEM 4 GRAND

THE SYSTEM IS A JOKE!!

chels55
25-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Well i get *** all in tax credits. My son is 6 next week and my partner works full time. Im earning roughly £25 a week just now but apparantly i have been over paid in tax credits so wont get any untill 2009. I have no faith in the system as ive been totally honest throughout giving them my earnings etc and they dont help me one bit. My partner earns roughly 16k so its not as if we are totally raking in it either.

I had same problem a couple of years back where they said they overpaid me i had nothing from them for 8 months, i really struggled because i relied on them so much.
fingers crossed it wont happen again

Pudding Girl
25-06-2008, 11:08 AM
yes i think so, i have heard that if your own children are taking up your spaces, you can get your childcare costs if you use a registered childcare provider. i have thought about doing that with another childminder to free up my spaces and fill hers and all paid by the goverment! never tried it though, oh and i have hers, if you see what i mean, fills my spaces too. we just swap kids.:idea:

hazelx

ps anyone else thought about this to fill spaces?

I think the OP was asking about tax credits in general not the childcare bit of it.

Yes you can claim tax credits if you are self employed :D you can run your details through www.entitledto.co.uk ( might be com)

ChocolateChip
13-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't think you'd get away with just all swapping kids between you and then claiming tax credits to pay for yourselves-if that's not what you meant, sorry I have read it wrong!
But say if you have a clash and will go over your numbers then I don't see why you can't put your own child with someone else to free up a space and claim it, like any other working parent.

Pudding Girl
13-07-2008, 04:30 PM
it wouldn't free up a space though as you are still responsible for them.

Noodles
13-07-2008, 06:04 PM
You always have the right to appeal if you dont agree with the overpayment and you think it was their fault

barbarella68
13-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi,
I got a letter from tax credits a few years ago now saying I owed them £1500 because we over paid,well I fought back and won.
I told them that I would take them to court because all the info I gave them was correct I couldn't help it if they can't do their job properly,after a few letters and a few calls they writ it all off.
If you read the pack they send you it does say if you have reason to believe that they are asking for money back and it is their fault they will not ask for it back.:)

barbarella68
13-07-2008, 07:06 PM
sorry that should have said we were over paid