PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg - preparing for visit Booklet

Jo Jo
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi all
Im wondering if any one can help me, im filling out my pre reg booklet and stuck on a few questions
1) How to encourage children to make good relationships with adults and peers, how to enable children to learn about valuing each other and understanding and respecting oyther cultures and beliefs?
2)what would you regard as a significant event about which you would need to inform ofsted?
3) To to make sure i meet space requirments and take in to account needs of children with special needs?
4) how to ensure all the children continue to be challenged, interested and excited about activities you plan?

Sorry for the long list
but would be much appreciated with some help
Thanks in advance:confused:

mrsbonnet
04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
It is all terribly confusing, I'm just doing mine as visit on Monday. Have a read through your ICP workbook as you will have covered lots there and probably forgotton due to information overload! I have also come to the realisation that a lot of the answers are in the EYFS pack and ofsted registration pack and you just need to have a good read through and you should start to realise what they are after. You can google the terms too.

It took me quite a while to 'get it' but I feel more prepared having done it this way.

Jo Jo
04-02-2011, 09:59 AM
thank you thats really help full, i think i read too much into the question lol and thats what gets me confused

mrsbonnet
04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
It took me a while to realise all the answers were in the info I already had!

heidicat
04-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi all
Im wondering if any one can help me, im filling out my pre reg booklet and stuck on a few questions
1) How to encourage children to make good relationships with adults and peers, how to enable children to learn about valuing each other and understanding and respecting oyther cultures and beliefs?
2)what would you regard as a significant event about which you would need to inform ofsted?
3) To to make sure i meet space requirments and take in to account needs of children with special needs?
4) how to ensure all the children continue to be challenged, interested and excited about activities you plan?

Sorry for the long list
but would be much appreciated with some help
Thanks in advance:confused:

Hi, if this helps, this is what I wrote.

1. By treating all children equally, opportunity to play with all toys and provide positive images. Celebrate all cultures and beliefs - find out when different days are (Chinese new year etc) and say you'll do activites to suit
2.Infectious illness, child aduse/neglect suspicions, changes to your property
3.try to keep as much open space as poss so that child can move around easily. Toys accessible to all
4.evaluating progress of each child - observations - next steps etc. change activies to suit individual needs.

My Ofsted lady didnt look at my booklet, she just asked the questions in another form whilst typing out my answers.. she prompted me too so dont worry too much!

hope this helps.. :thumbsup:

Jo Jo
04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi, if this helps, this is what I wrote.

1. By treating all children equally, opportunity to play with all toys and provide positive images. Celebrate all cultures and beliefs - find out when different days are (Chinese new year etc) and say you'll do activites to suit
2.Infectious illness, child aduse/neglect suspicions, changes to your property
3.try to keep as much open space as poss so that child can move around easily. Toys accessible to all
4.evaluating progress of each child - observations - next steps etc. change activies to suit individual needs.

My Ofsted lady didnt look at my booklet, she just asked the questions in another form whilst typing out my answers.. she prompted me too so dont worry too much!

hope this helps.. :thumbsup:

Thank you, you have been so helpfull i had a memory block and didnt know were to start lol much appreciated :laughing:

angeldelight
04-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Good luck with it Jo

Angel xx

heidicat
04-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you, you have been so helpfull i had a memory block and didnt know were to start lol much appreciated :laughing:

You're welcome! good luck x:D

Jo Jo
04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Good luck with it Jo

Angel xx

Thank you x