PDA

View Full Version : Partner registering as minder!

mummyminder
01-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi all, don't know if this should be somewhere else or not...... I have been a childminder for 6 years was married at the time. Separated 2 years ago and met new partner a yearago - he used to be a male nanny and has worked in nurseries but stopped 8 years ago due to the poor pay.....he lives an houraway and is in the process of registering as a childminder at my address - the idea being that we work together and do the job we both love together. Firstly, worried about how male and female childminding couples are perceived, worried that he is taking a risk leaving a management job when we might not get the business and worried how we do our accounts - as one or two separatelots to ensure we both pay taxand National Insurance!!! Stressing me out today :-( Any replies gratefully received x

Pauline
02-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi

I've moved your thread into the section for working with assistants and co-minders, you will get more help there plus there is lots of threads that might help you. :thumbsup:

sarah707
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I work with my partner and it's great. The parents like the children having a male influence in the house.

He takes a percentage from the business and he is self employed so he pays his own tax and NI.

I hope it all works out for you! :D