PDA

View Full Version : Would you ask to swap a day?

buzzy bee
01-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I only have one mindee on a Friday, but spaces the rest of the week, so I'm considering asking mum if there's any chance of switching it (permanently) so I can have a day off each week... I know mindee goes to granny one day a week so I thought I might be able to switch that day...She's fairly new so I don't wanna annoy her by asking... what do you think - would you ask?

rickysmiths
01-02-2011, 02:49 PM
You can only ask. If you don't ask you don't get but don't be dissappointed if she can't swap.

Alibali
01-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes! I did this a few weeks ago - mum said no though:(

sarah32
01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I did exactly the same a couple of months ago, only one mindee on thursday and two on friday so asked twins mum to swap to thursday and she said no problems.:)

I now get fridays off, worth asking

Goatgirl
01-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I recnetly asked a mum to swap: had 3 LO's on a tues and only one on a monday. She said yes and now the week feels much more balanced. Worth asking, just be clear its fine if that doesn't work for her so she doesn't feel pressured.

I pointed out it would be to her LO's benefit too as she'd come on a less hectic day :thumbsup:

good luck :)

Baildon bears
01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I have asked a parent today to swop a day so as I can take a new mindee on, first mindee finishs in September and new mindee is starting after Easter, I had to think of my longterm business as new mindee is 11 months and parent is a teacher so no hols:). I must admit I was really nervous but I would rather put him in another day than have to give him up when I have had him for 2 years. Parent was ok and she is going to ask at school to change his day so finger crossed, it's funny how things just slot in sometimes.

Milli147
01-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes, I did it, and I was a new minder - I actually did it to two sets of parents, and both said yes. A word of caution is to be honest about your reasons though - I wasn't entirely but obviously mums saw straight through it!:blush:

zillervalley
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
you can only ask, hope you are sucessful

ziller

funemnx
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
I did it and she said yes no problem! I was really worried as always try to be as flexible as possible. I thought that she'd think I was being really cheeky, she said it would be better for her too, so go for it! :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
01-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I've asked before and the parent said yes. Always worth asking x

button68
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I asked a while back. I was working a 5 day week but monday and tuesday I only had one LO. So I asked the mum if she could come wednesday and thursday instead. She agreed and I've worked a 3 day week ever since :thumbsup: