PDA

View Full Version : eating baby food still?

newandlearning
01-02-2011, 02:21 PM
hi.. one of the 15 month olds I have has really awful food.. her mum brings his lunch etc.. every day her lunch is filled with baby food for a 7 month old, baby cereal fruit bars, carrot puff crisp things and then puree...

I can tell what the poo is like before its even gone in and after months of it leaking everywhere I think I've finally figured out how to keep it contained.. but I keep telling mum that at the baby's age he should be eating more solids yet this is what I get in the lunch box..

now I reckon some of it is put in lunch box for ease but I'm finding it really annoying as the poos are soo stinky and I always have to change immediately to ensure there is no spillage ..

the poos are constantly being blamed on teething.. or colds.. but mum just doesn't want to see possibly it could be the diet?

would you just give up mentioning.. otherwise I feel I could get annoying :)

grindal
01-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I had this last year with my little mindee. His mum sent pureed soup for him every day, with smooth youghurts and fruit purees.
I mentioned foods to mum so many times, and she still sent the same food. In the end I told her he was always reaching for Ds1 and 2s food so maybe it would be easier if I made foods for him.

MaryMary
01-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Perhaps you could mention that by encouraging the LO to eat and chew food, they are working the muscles needed to communicate ie talk properly. She could be stunting his developmental potential :eek:
Do you provide meals for other children? You could do as Grindal suggests and do meals for him. Even a sandwich would help him to learn to chew!

Helen79
01-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with the fruit bar and crisps, better to have those than 'normal' bars and crisps with added sugar and salt. I still buy the organix crisps and bars for my own children as they're much healthier.

Maybe tell mum that lo is refusing the puree and reaching for the other children's plates and suggest trying him with sandwiches for a few days to see how he gets on.