PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old grinding teeth in his sleep.

Tippy Toes
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello

I need some help.

My son grinds his teeth in the night, really bad.

His front 4 teeth are now loose and I think it must be related to him grinding his teeth.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I just dont know what I can do to stop him doing it.

Thanks for any help.

phoebe-alice
01-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't have any experience of children grinding their teeth but I myself do it in my sleep.
I usually do it when I'm stressed or over tired, but there was no real way of stopping myself as I can't tell I'm doing it until either my partner wakes me or the noise wakes me up.
I went to see the dentist and they gave me a plastic gummy retainer I'm not sure what they do for wee ones but maybe worth seeing the dentist about it to see if there is anything that can help.
My retainer has helped lots as my teeth are no long sore from clenching and grinding, and I am grinding a lot less.
But probably very worth seeing the dentist or looking online if there are any tips. Sorry I couldn't help from a child point of view, and hope you can sort wee one out soon.

mama2three
01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
watching with interest as ds3 ( 4) does it too. Asked the dentist when he was about 2 but he said nothing to worry about , but it sounds awful.