PDA

View Full Version : Activites for 7 year old before school???

lou246
01-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Hiya!

Just looking for some ideas on what to do with a 7 year old girl before school? She's only with me for an hour in the mornings but I'd like her to have something to do while she's with me?

Many thanks x

breezy
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM
what does she like?
drawing/colouring, puzzles,tv, computer, reading, helping younger ones with their play, hairdressing doll, barbies, lego, wii ?

ask her what she'd like to do. I wont have anything messy before school run as I cant supervise it properly with drop offs, breakfast etc and they all get to me tired!

mushpea
13-02-2011, 12:53 PM
the 2 7yrolds i have either sit and look at books or play with the others in the morning,,, after school they play with the toys, other children, wii, draw, bake,hama beads, make jewalry, paint,etc

vifraguito
22-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi may I ask also a similar question but about 7 year old boy activities after school? Any ideas? I have a visit next week for a future after school child and I need to maybe get something for their age so that the child can relate?!
I only have little ones with me and the oldest is 3!!
thanks!!
vi x:)

miffy
22-02-2011, 06:05 PM
At seven they're old enough to tell you what they like to do.

Like Breezy, I don't do messy play before school so my older ones will either play with the younger ones or may do some colouring, lego, design what they want to make later. Role-play is always popular, especially if they can add to it eg making menus for a cafe or similar.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
22-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I would put out your planned activity per day and she may join in but if not let her choose. As long as she knows what is available she will be fine. If she is like me though, she won't actually wake up until 10am and then will want the tv :laughing: