PDA

View Full Version : Insurance, Contracts and Starting

Rmead
01-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I am just registered and finishing my parent packs and my portfolio. I have a mum visiting in a week. I haven't got my insurance yet as was waiting until I had definitely secured children, don't want to pay for months and have nobody.

I'm going to get MM insurance although will still be a NCMA member too. I presume it's best to get contracts from the person you insure with? I don't want to write my own.

I presume you can use other paperwork of your own or elsewhere? I like the NCMA accounts book so was going to get that from them but my contracts from MM. Should I order contracts from MM without getting the insurance yet? Or do you need to get the insurance to buy their contracts? Just wanted to have a contract to show the mum but not start insurance yet in case she doesn't go with me.
Hope that makes sense!

~Grasshopper~
01-02-2011, 02:23 PM
hiya. im also just starting out and havent got my ins yet.

i when you buy insurance you get the paperwork at a huge discount. i bought my home ins from mm so was able to order the paperwork starter pack at the discounted price.

when i ordered it arrived within a few days so i wouldnt worry about showing any contracts yet. I had my first mummy visit on friday and i just showed her my portfolio and gave her a leaflet about me and my charges ect.

Once i have my first mindee set up i will buy the public liability ins.

xx

tulip0803
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
When you join NCMA or take out insurance with MM you will be entitled to a members discount on the products from them. So I would be tempted to wait or make up a temporary one and just say that you are waiting for delivery of your official contracts.